Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: motherboard




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    489

    Default

    I have a really old computer and I need to upgrade the motherboard. What do you guys sugegst as the best motherboard?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    184

    Default

    what kind of processor you gonna use?

    what kinda of features do you need? (onboard video/sound, NIC, RAID)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    4,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoolDrew
    I have a really old computer and I need to upgrade the motherboard. What do you guys sugegst as the best motherboard?
    You'll probably want a new processor, RAM, and HDD too......
    Replacing a motherboard on a P3 system, for example, isn't going to do much. But a bit of information on your current hardware would be really helpful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Itsa from like 95 and its got like 128mb ram so im gonna have to upgrade evrything but I need to start with the motherboard becuase trhat is what will determine how much ram I can have, but I will then upgrade the processor (I was thinking AMD), then ram, hd and the graphics card (maybe radion)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gar187er
    what kind of processor you gonna use?

    what kinda of features do you need? (onboard video/sound, NIC, RAID)

    hello?!?!??!?!?!?!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sunderland, England
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoolDrew
    Itsa from like 95 and its got like 128mb ram so im gonna have to upgrade evrything but I need to start with the motherboard becuase trhat is what will determine how much ram I can have, but I will then upgrade the processor (I was thinking AMD), then ram, hd and the graphics card (maybe radion)
    system specs would really help but it sounds like you will need to replace everything at once
    <img src="http://gfx.statgfx.com/old/folding.cgi?&username=metallicat666&teamid=33272&t rans=yes&.jpg" alt="www.Statgfx.com" />

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Yeah, new motherboard means new RAM, more than likely a new hard drive. And of course the obvious, a new processor. You're looking at a farely heafty sum to upgrade.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Ya i have to upgrade just about everything but can u guys just suggest a really good one thta has alot of features as i do not know what i will need

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    539

    Default

    ok from a AMD point of view:

    Epox 8RDA3+
    Abit NF7-S v2.0
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
    also i hear the latest DFI board is good, cant remember the name sorry.
    someone else might be able to list some boards for intel though.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    4,543

    Default

    before we start suggesting anything, budget would be nice. If it's a certain amount, I can post links to all the hardware you would need fairly quickly, too (have links for possible upgrade systems of my own saved).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •