Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Cant choose between my systems.

Well it's 256-bit and has higher clock speeds than the more expensive 9700Pro, but I could be missing something... :shrug:

I just looked up 9800se..it is only 128bit...and has 4 pipelines..and i did remeber wiggo telling me that also. Well here is chart to compare the cards
    http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

Uh, it's 256-bit. Good for Tom's hardware. I haven't heard of Newegg lying about video cards before. It says it 256-bit in the link. I have also read there is some way to unlock the other pipelines.
    But if it goes that low on the benchmarks.....
    Maybe Tom's Hardware made a mistake. I have no clue at this point. I can't find anything about it on ATI's site.

Oh, come on guys we all know how bad ati se cards are. It's all in the marketing. You can bet that most of the time when someone gets one of these se cards and realizes how bad it is and can't return it, he leaves the "se" out of the conversation when gloating to his friends (that don't know any better, like 95% of the worlds population) that he has a bad ass "radeon 9800".
    Example... Like the way ford sold a 4 cylinder mustang with the 1979-1993 body style. Because the average girl(or the guys dumb ass buddys) the mustang owner is trying to impress does not know or understand or care that it is a four cylinder and not a 5.0, she/they is just impressed with the mustang (they are all the same to her/them).
    This practice makes more money in the gfx business just like it makes more money for auto manufacturers. The theory is, if someone thinks he is getting the same/similar thing for much less $ that he is more likely to buy now iregardless of how dissimilar it really is.
    As much as this has pissed us off in the last year, gfx card companies don't care about anyones quality gfx experiences, they just want the profits generated by this practice of selling cheap stuff that has a similar name to their flagships. Flagship card sales typically stay less than 3-5% of their total sale units per generation(not $).
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w