Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: insane rig

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th

You would want an X800 XT instead of a 9800XT, though. Other than that, the rest of the stuff there should be pretty good.
    Or an FX6800. Also, I think you should go with the AthlonFX, as it will probably be more powerful in games than the Dual CPU setup. Look around, Dual CPU's don't help any in the gaming department

An Athlon64 FX won't be more powerful than dual CPUs of the exact same speed/cache/FSB... Dual Opterons won't really give you a huge performance increase in games, but they certainly won't hurt.

But yeah, the dual-Opteron is just there for the hell of it. Not at all practical.

all i can say is what a waste of money. why not by a car for crying out loud. you should look on ebay, i have seen some pretty high priced one on there. some more than 10 thousand.

With a Dual-Opteron/SCSI/whole bunch of GB or RAM setup you could run a friggin business. It's not a waste of money. In fact, it's a much better investment than a car if you use it for a busineess or something like that. It is a waste of money for gaming, though. 5-20% performance increase with a five-fold to ten-fold price increase....

Kool Drew wrote:

"My cousin asked me to build him a computer and he wants it strictly for gaming"

strictly for gaming it is a waste of money, which he stated, it is strictly for gaming. but as you say, if it was for a business you are right, i agree it would not be a waste of money and in the long run would be a profitable asset to a company.

But he did say he had $10000. If someone has that kind of money to spend on a gaming computer, it would be really cool. By some standards any computer designed with games in mind could be a waste of money. If someone actually wants to spend $10000 on a single computer for gaming, dual-Opterons wouldn't be a waste of money.

unless you are a millionaire or w/e 10000 is a waste of money for a GAMING computer. sure it would be cool, but it's just not practicle and it's just plane dumb to spend that kind of money on something that plays video games. but if you are actualy going to use it for something like office work or video and music editing, that is a little more realistic. but not for gaming.

Certainly. But if someone is willing to spend that much on a gaming computer, obviously he or she has no problem wasting money.

Hell, technically, any more than $200 spent on a PC is a waste of money.

Anymore than that spent is to satisfy ones wants, not really needs (unless your in an office situation etc).

:devil:

ya, but i think it's better than spending your money on dumb ****. sometimes peoples wants are more than anyone would ever need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information