Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: which quiet psu? pcpcooling 400 or silenx450 or 520?

i was wondering which power supply was better in terms of noise and cooling...do you guys think that the silenx450 psu gets hot cuz it is made so quiet? Cuz if it does get that hot...i would rather just sacrifice like 6db to get a better cooled pcpcooling psu. Do you think 400 watts will be enough for an amd64 3200 with a x800 pro? thanks.

You didn't spec out the whole system, but you aare starting out with some heavy gear and I imagine it will include maybe a gb of ram, at least 1 7200rpm drive, 1 or more optical drives, etc.. I would say that a 400w would be a minimum. I would choose a PC Power and Cooling 510 Deluxe or an Antec Trupower 480 and not worry about any noise. If you feel you must limit noise, I would chose the PCP&C Silencer. You still have to plan for case fans, hsf, vid card fan, possibly NB fan, etc.. Hard to make a monster rig, keep it quiet, and get the best performance out of it. It will take a lot of time and effort.

well...this is probably a "plan" for wut im gettin

10k rpm raptor hdd
    7200 rpm wd hdd
    5 silenx fans
    x800 pro
    thermalright sp97
    amd64 3200
    512 ocz eb 3700
    case- cooler master praetorian
    vga silencer rev 3
    audigy 2 zs soundcard and bay drive
    dvd+-rw/cdrw combo drive
    floppy drive

uhh..thats all i can really think off the top of my head...im basically trying to make this cpu silent..cuz my computer is in my parents room- mom always complainin bout the noise wen she sleepin :-/. Thanks for the reply.

Take a look at the Vantec Stealth in the higher wattages:
    http://www.vantecusa.com/product-powersupply.html#

Thread Information