Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a new heatsink/fan for my cpu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallows
    Also it only seems to be happening when I play city of heroes and don't have my air conditioner on.
    Well. The lower the room temp the lower the temp of yoru computer is going to be. Also just run your computer for a little while with the side off, just to see if it is just bad airflow. You may want to just buy a couple more fans
    Last edited by KoolDrew; 06-29-2004 at 05:26 AM.

You don't need to run for long with the side off as this is an experiment to find out if your case has an airflow prob because if you get a serious drop in temps then the case's airflow will need to be looked at but if the temp doesn't move or only a little then your HSF will need to be looked at. The worlds best HSF won't do any good if the airflow of the case is poor (maybe a link to the case itself would help) and you need to have a bit more air travelling into the case than coming out so as to give the case a slightly positive pressure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information