Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which hsf?

i have about $50(about $25 US) to spend on a quiet and good performing socket A HSF

the coolermaster hs is getting a bit too hot for my liking :\

Powercooler has some decent buget coolers - the PCH137 is identical to an OCZ Gladiator & is less than $50aus for either the original copper or a silver plated version

http://www.below-0.com

you can see'em here :D

ok, thanks rdr :)

i'll have a look :)

The ThermalTake Volcano 7 is below $40 here in Brisbane :)

The original Volcano 7 didn't seem to do well if you have a lot of case cooling going on. That little thermistor never read hot enough to kick the fan up to full speed in my system, so getting it's best performance was never possible.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I'm using a Vantec CCK-6027D. Using normal paste and running my T-Bird 1.4@ 1.58 and 1.85 volts, it only hits above 50*C under full load. I'm sure if I used ASII or something like that I'd get even better cooling. For $20 you can't go wrong. It's not silent, but it doesn't use the Delta Jet Engine either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    The original Volcano 7 didn't seem to do well if you have a lot of case cooling going on. That little thermistor never read hot enough to kick the fan up to full speed in my system, so getting it's best performance was never possible.
    Hey Darth, I read that you can mod the V7 by shorting the thermistor. Basically, cutting it out and tying the leads together and the fan runs at full speed. Might be more work than is worthwhile, but if you already have one, might be an option.

JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

hows the volcano 7 compar to the volcano7+ :confused:
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

I can't really say how they compare directly since I was never able to get the original V7 to run at full fan speed. Since I have so much air flowing through my case, the case temperature never got hot enough to kick the fan speed into high gear.

But when I got the V7+, it allowed me to adjust the fan speed manually. Much better there. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by daedalus
    hows the volcano 7 compar to the volcano7+ :confused:
    The 7+ is vastly superior to the original Volcanoe 7 - it's also twice the money to get one :rolleyes:

I don't know why TT used a similar name for such obviously different coolers :?:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information