Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: some advice please

Default some advice please

Hi am thinking of building a pc and need some help on a good graphics card. Willing to spend max about 150.
    System:
    motherboard- asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
    Amd 2600Barton
    Crucial 2 x 512mb DDR400 memory
    DVDr/w drive + CDR/w drive + floppy drive
    200GB HDD
    Roadmax case with 400W powersupply

I mainly just use the pc for surfing the net and my other work etc. Games only play a few - championship manager, lord of the rings(return of the king).And also watching DVDs on the PC
    Am looking for one which is nice and cheap with good results for above.

Am also building a similar rig to the one above with slightly lower specs and my budget on a graphics card for that is much lower - about 50, any advice on this one as well?

Also which CPU coolers are best value for money and good. I was looking at coolermaster aero 7+. Anyone know of any shops/websites where I can get it in UK? Or of course if any suggestions to any other ones?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Eye See You..........

Default Re: some advice please

any help??
    Eye See You..........

Last edited by Juggalo_Dan; 07-31-2004 at 03:41 AM.
    Athlon XP 1800+ DUT3C 1.53ghz @ 166*11.5=1.91ghz | Chaintech Apogee 7VJL | 2x256mb DDR333 PC-2700 | Powercolor Radeon 9600Pro 128mb EZ 400/400 | Lite-on 52x24x52 | Pioneer 108 DVD-RW 16x Dual Layer Dual Format | Xbox USB Modded Controller

Have you seen this sticky thread? http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthread.php?t=6776

http://www.priceguideuk.com/ seems like a good place to start as well as the other links that members from your part of the world have added.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_Dan
    That looks good, have u any experience with it? (prob bit over my budget but may be able to afford it). Any clues as to any other cheaper cards for the 2nd system? Are XFX cards any good? what do you look for when shopping for a graphics card? how do you differentiate which is better 128mb or 256mb on the graphics card?(am sure someone told me that's a sticky area)
    Thanks for the help
    Eye See You..........

Thread Information