Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: im goin to build a gaming system but i need some help what i need?

Default im goin to build a gaming system but i need some help what i need?

Hey,

im goin to build a gaming system soon but i need to know what is the best motherboard,cpu and video card to get?

im looking at this motherboard but i dont know if its any good
    GIGABYTE "GA-8IK1100" i875P Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...128-183&depa=0

Default Re: im goin to build a gaming system but i need some help what i need?

I am going to beat yawg to this! a 6800, the non ultra, is a best buy. :)

Quote Originally Posted by AsianBatman
    Yawg's going to be mad with you for getting that in 1st.

Ghetto2k4, an A64 setup would be the best to go for for a gaming rig.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianBatman
    But the GT or an X800 Pro would be better if you're not on a tight budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    But the GT or an X800 Pro would be better if you're not on a tight budget.
    lol either way i beat you to it :) its the principle that counts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto2k4
    Hey,

im goin to build a gaming system soon but i need to know what is the best motherboard,cpu and video card to get?

im looking at this motherboard but i dont know if its any good
    GIGABYTE "GA-8IK1100" i875P Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...128-183&depa=0
    This is my preference, but I would suggest going with AMD instead of Intel since AMD rocks when it comes to games. And we kind of need to know what your budget is. On a budget with high limits, I would agree with the others and go with the ATI X800 or the Nvidia 6800, but, for a smaller budget, go with something like a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. The 9800 Pro can do around half scores compared to the other card for much less then half the price. In some cases, the 9800 Pro did the same or a little less then the the high quality stuff.

For a processor on the AMD side, go for the socket 939 processor and boards, as they are the best right now and will be AMD main socket for the time to come (in other words, you shouldn't have to upgrade the borad when you get a new processor). Unfortunately, I just cannot suggest anything on the Intel side, other then something between 3.4 to 3.6 ghz range of speed. I do highly suggest you go AMD though.

This is my opinion, and I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MRZigzz
    Unfortunately, I just cannot suggest anything on the Intel side, other then something between 3.4 to 3.6 ghz range of speed. I do highly suggest you go AMD though.
    I can't suggest anything from Intel if you're in North America or the U.K. Maybe in Australia. Unless you're looking at a mid-range video encoding system (which isn't the case), AMD will offer much better bang-for buck at every level.

If a socket 939 system is too expensive (the board and CPU alone will be a tad over $500 U.S.), a socket 754 system would be just fine. For a board, look at the MSI K8N Neo Platinum, the Chaintech VNF3-250, or the Epox 8KDA3J+, the choice being based on how much you are willing to spend. For a CPU, look into whatever you can afford. You can get a Sempron 3100, or any Athlon 64 between 2800 and 3400 (but get a socket 939 system if you can afford better, don't get the 3700 that you can also use). For a video card, try to get at least a GeForce 6800, but a Radeon 9800 Pro would be fine if you can't afford it. This is assuming you aren't just taking you current video card and putting it into your new system...

For a socket 939 motherboard (if you can afford a more expensive system), the Abit AV8 would be a great chocie, as would the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum if you can afford something more expensive. For a CPU, the Athlon 64 3500 is the cheapest solution, but you can also get a 3800 or FX-53 if you can get something more expensive. For a video card, get at least a GeForce 6800, but try for a GeForce 6800 GT or Radeon X800 Pro (or the 6800 Ultra or X800 XT PE, if you can afford even more).

ok thx for your replys i'll go with a AMD system then

here is the hardware that i pick out so far, let me know if i need too add anything esle to the list

Case: RAIDMAX Black Aluminum Gaming Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "668WBP" -RETAIL ($78.99)

CD/DVD: Sony DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive (Black), Model DW-D18A, OEM $76.00

CPU: AMD Sempron 3100+ 1.8GHz, 256KB L2 Cache Socket 754 Processor - OEM $123.00

Motherboard: MSI "K8N Neo2 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL $149.00

Video Card: ATI AIW RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/CATV/VIVO, 8X AGP, Model "ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 PRO" -RETAIL $275.00

Harddrive: Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model 6Y120P0, OEM Drive Only $86

Memory: Kingston HyperX Series Dual Kits 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-2700 $121.00

You've picked a Socket 754 processor and a Socket 939 motherboard... Not a good idea ;)

I like your choice with the AIW though. ;) It won't be the greatest for gaming, but the AIW cards are cool.

EDIT: where's the damn wink smiley?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information