Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: need help bulding a pc from scratch

Default Re: need help bulding a pc from scratch

I'll help you with overclocking when the time comes. It's actually pretty simple.

That's a valid concern about the PSU. I think even the Thermaltake would be pushing it especially if you add more stuff. How about you change it to this. You'd need to have an ass load of hard drives and/or optical drives, PCI cards, RAM, and overvolted hardware (you can apply more voltage to some hardware to allow better voerclocking) to possibly use that thing up.

Edit: Oh, I should have mentioned it. The major catch to overclocking a processor is that it voids the warranty. I'm not sure whether or not they can actually tell if you've only increased the speeds (I think you might have to apply extra voltage to void it), but it does techinically void the warranty. You can still get the RAM and overclock it without touching your CPU warranty. If you're going to want to overclock, and I think you will (it really delays the upgrading process, therefor saving your money in the long run), I'd just stick with an OEM. If you'll leave it at stock to start with and consider overclocking down the line, the retail will be fine (hell, it's not much more expensive anyway).
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 10-09-2004 at 01:20 PM.

now im starting to hit my limit of money, , i hoped i never would, i do consider buying the power supply though, cuz im really concerned that i wont have enough watts for my system. and i probably will buy it. and i was planning on overclocking the memory not the processor for the shear fact of the warranty, after the warranty is up then ill consider overclocking. and that should be the final touch to my computer for a few years unless i decide to add more memory or another hard drive, right. thats another main concern of mine.

Like I said, the 3800 is hardly worth $250 more than the 3500, if you really need money. Although you'll want to overclock the 3500 right of the bat if you get that... There's still the possibility of forgetting speakers with a wireless remote, too.

if there is no other changes i should be alright and i can choke down the rest of it. thanks and let me know of any changes you might find later.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information