Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burner

Howdy peoples,

I'm considering getting myself a burner, now that's the easy part but that the leaves the hard part about which burner to get. Are there any dodgy ones to stay well clear of or any really great stand out ones or are they all pretty much the same ?

I'll also need an IDE card or something as I've got no IDE ports left on my mobo. Any suggestions there also ?

Thanks.

FrodgE
    WooHoo !! I at long last have a job ! Yay for me !

----------------- Proof I think FAR too much ----------------

How does the headless horseman see where he's going ???

i've got 2 Ricoh's here, both are working fine, one is about 2 years old, the other is about 1.5 yers old, no probs, very happy with both

Coolies, Ricoh make the top of the line models too don't they ? In which case rather expensive. Pay for quality I guess huh ?

Thanks for your input Andy !

Anyone got any input as far as an addition IDE card is concerned ?

Thanks again people !
    WooHoo !! I at long last have a job ! Yay for me !

----------------- Proof I think FAR too much ----------------

How does the headless horseman see where he's going ???

Beefy Guest

Burner choices basically come down to what you want to spend.. if you are willing to put in the money, then nothing will beat a Plextor drive.. They are way above my budget though, so I've got / had both a Lite-On drive and a Sony drive.. both have been great to me...

As for an IDE card, just make sure that it's properly supported by your operating system and it should be ok.. IDE cards aren't really all that techincal, so there shouldn't be that much difference between brands.. (until someone else says differently.. then you listen to them.. :D )

Hey Frodge,
    I dont know if us Yanks are allowed in here..But, make sure that what ever type of CDRW you purchase has buffer-underun protection.Most of the Big Boys have some kind of BU protection....And I've found that BU is the most common cause of wasted disks....Have a good one!
    Starry

GET A LG-GCE 8320b......it can burn everything,including copy protection on games(like safedisc 2.51).Has buffer underun tech. too.Best burner for the $$$.TRUST ME!PLUS its super fast...32x10x40 <------ Go with LG.

I have had good success with my Lite On. No problems backing up copyrighted disks. Not a single coaster. From personal experience, I think the HPs are not worth what you pay for them.

My $.02
    JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Quote Originally Posted by JealousMidget
    I have had good success with my Lite On. No problems backing up copyrighted disks. Not a single coaster. From personal experience, I think the HPs are not worth what you pay for them.

My $.02
    JM

yes...i belive the Lite-on burners are te best value. Very cheap and can burn copy prodected disc aswell....go lite-on, 32X is around $200 AUS
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

My LG drive rocks!

Anyone who owns a Liteon burner want to tell me about the warranty period on them, I am yet to have a Liteon drive last more than a Year and a half, and have not touched them for a few years? Apparently they only come with a one year warranty if that is the case I would rather pay the extra bucks for something with more substantial coverage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information