Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Which Ram?

Default Which Ram?

Ok I have very little time so here it goes. This is what I have so far on this system build. It is my first, and I've just redone it so I'm not sure I have everything I need. I know I'm missing Ram. I'm on a limited budget, no more than $200, and I want a Gig. http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishHis...VIEW&ID=773033
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Default Re: Which Ram?

I know I said there was cheaper Arctic Sliver 5 in your other thread, but I was wrong. Get this instead.

Personally, I'd cut out the sound card entirely. The MSI K8N Neo2 comes with onbaord 8-channel audio, an dI haven't heard of there being any problems with it.

I'd change the hard drive to an 80GB Seagate SATA drive. It has a longer warranty, and SATA is faster for not much more.

For the RAM, the Corsair you have is good. If you want to go closer to the $200 mark, some Muskin, PQI, or PDP would be good. But, sticking with that Corsair would be a great idea. It's not that much more.

Beyond that, it looks good. If you don't have speakers, you'll probably want a set of surround sound. Logitech makes some great 5.1 sets, or so I've heard. You could also consider getting an actual 6800 GT, although what you have picked out looks damn good for its price.

Thanks for the advice. I do currently have a Klipsch 7.1 surround waiting for this bad boy to arrive, so I'm covered in that respect. I'll stay with the Corsair and maybe keep the sound card, still undecided. Thanks again, if i have any more problems I'll be back, and keep you all updated on the status of this build. It's my first system and it needs to last a few years, so I want everything to be as good as it can for the money. Thanks again for all of your help.

You can pick up In-The-Box Audigy 2's from eBay for under $80. That could save you a bit if you really want the card.
    ~AlthonXP T-Bred 2,600 @ 2305mhz~
    ~Epox 8RDA+~
    ~Hercules Radeon 9800XT 256mb~
    ~512 Corsair P3200 @ 6,2,2,2.0~
    ~WD1200JB HDD~
    ~Antec 1080 Plus~

Since you basically have the same budget as Ravesky I wopuld suggest checking out his thread in this forum for suggestions.

I'm guessing you meant to makes ome links there...

Thread Information