Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the best CPU mainboard combo today?

Default Re: Whats the best CPU mainboard combo today?

He said $250 for a CPU and mobo and with that you could get a 3000+ and a good socket 939 mobo.

oh **** sorry for not reading right :)
    Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    I didn't realize there was a difference in bit rates on the Radeon 9800 video cards, glad you pointed that out. Would my ATI Radeon 9800 nonpro that I have in this system only be 128 bit also? Its awfully old but gets the job done on higher settings without anything at all being overclocked but ofcoarse I feel half of that has to do with the CPU and mainboard combo power also.
    Sapphire only started shipping 128-bit 9800 Pros a littel while ago, and I think they eventually renamed it to something else... Anyway, the guy that linked to it and got it for himself his 3D Mark 05 scores would show that it's not a 128-bit 9800 Pro, so maybe the site just lists it incorrectly. The price still concerns me, because a 9800 Pro for so little is good even if it's used.

Yawgmoth, do you know if a 98000 nonpro is 128 bit and is Saphire a bad way to go versus an ATI original? I only considered this card becuase I though it was comparable to my nonpro card and the price was reasonable for a slightly above midline video card that could get the job done.
    Last edited by Spongebob; 11-28-2004 at 09:59 PM.

Sapphire is great normally, better than made by ATI when it comes to 9800 Pros, but it's the specifc 128-bit 9800 Pro they stsarted selling a while back... But I guess the card is fine, judging by the 3DMark 05 score of the guy who got it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information