Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Mouse for FPS?

Cool Best Mouse for FPS?

Recently my cheapo mouse broke down and I paniced - what else? - so I bought the MICROSOFT Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth. (It's a fancy keyboard/mouse combo.) It cost $149. I mentioned to the salesman that I had USB issues with a pair of headsets that needed more power. He recommended a splitter with its own power supply so I left there spending $200.

Then I woke-up and replaced the cheapo mouse with a new cheapo mouse and all is fine. However, now I am trying to decide whether to return the MS ODE/B or keep it, using el-cheapo for my FPS needs - OR - do some research and buy a Razer, or some such, and return the unopened products.

So I figure I could start by asking here.

...thx in advance
    - sweet

Default Re: Best Mouse for FPS?

The Razer Diamondback is the best if you want to spend the money it costs. If you want a cheaper solution both the MX510 and the Microsoft IntelliMouse are good mice. Choose what you want based on preference.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolDrew
    The Razer Diamondback is the best if you want to spend the money it costs. If you want a cheaper solution both the MX510 and the Microsoft IntelliMouse are good mice. Choose what you want based on preference.
    Well, the intellimouse came in the package with the keyboard i mentioned above... so ur saying it should be ok... hmmm. alright thx for the reply.
    - sweet

Yes it is a very good mouse. Many people even prefer it over the MX series as they say it is much more comfartoable and I agree. Anandtech also reccomended it in their recent gamers buyer guide.

If your willing to spend the money go with the Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse. A review can be found here

I too use the MX1000 laser mouse. It is a bit pricey, but it is a good wireless mouse and I have yet to encounter any problems with FPS type games. There is no lag and the movement is fast and very smooth. This comes from testing it with Doom3, HL2, UT2k4 as well as Q3 and Diablo2. It has never been the cause of any problems in any of these games and also works great for normal office-type applications.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Here is the mouse that I use And have never had any problems with it in any of the games mentioned above...
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

I hate wireless mice. They feel too heavy to me. And considering the price it is not worth it as the Razer Diamondback is cheaper and performs much better compared to the MX1000.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolDrew
    I hate wireless mice. They feel too heavy to me. And considering the price it is not worth it as the Razer Diamondback is cheaper and performs much better compared to the MX1000.
    When you use it on a decent surface the MX1000 feels light and slides as easy as can be, like a feather in air. How much is the DB, the MX1000 can be had for around $65 normally, which IMO is WELL Worth it for the features it gives, and being wireless. IT shows no lag in anything, so whats it matter if the DB "performs" better, if its past noticeable difference?

I also do not liek the feel of any of the MX mice. I know alot of people like them, but I just don't. It is a great mouse but I don't like it. It is more just personal preference. I like the feel of the DB better and it is like $60 I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information