Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New COmp fer friend

Default New COmp fer friend

My friend wants to get a computer in the 800 price range. He wants it to have a good graphics card and sound card. He also wants fast processing. Would building a computer with these specs be worth it? or should he just get a dell or something.

Default Re: New COmp fer friend

Hey, I just built a system that rocks for about 8 bills . These guys here are great here goes ; 3100 semperon , vnf3-250 , gf6800 , Audigy 2 ZS sound card ,wd 80 g sata hard drive , dvd+cdr sata, thermaltake 480 , thermaltake venus 12 , Aerocool case , 120 fan .. All off www.newegg.com ....had 3 sticks memory , monitor , keyboard, mouse and speakers . This set up rocks .... was pretty cheap .. overclocks well .. still working on that ... Woot you should get good input here and hmmmm Dell Be Well and have a blast build your own .... heck build 2
    Last edited by TheDudeWhoBe; 12-15-2004 at 01:03 PM.
    Vulcan chicks are hot .......... Cezch chicks are hot ............ my left palm is not

I would get a Athlon 64 2800, Chaintech VNF3-250, Mushkin 512MB, Western Digital Special Edition 80GB, Lite-On CD-RW drive, NEC floppy, 2.0 speakers, mouse, logitech keyboard, video card (6600GT may be in your price range after all this is added up but try and get a 6800), Antec case w/ 350w PSU (Yawg you think it is sufficient for this system?), ViewSonic 19" monitor.

I did not take the time to add any of this up and I was only guesiing on the pries so you will have to look them up on newegg. It may be a little over his budget. Also I am not sure if he really needs a monitor. I suggest using his old one if it is any good to save some cash. And try to use anything else you can still use.

Dell.
    Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

Quote Originally Posted by Joe89
    Dell.
    You could build a much better system for cheaper. Especially if he wants to use it for gaming.

Well, my friend does not want hs computer for gaming, just simply for internet, email, and video editing. I think going dell would be a good choice. 1. I don't know how to build a computer yet, but im looking into reading up on how to build one. 2. It might be a hassle getting all the custom parts and such. 3. I dun think getting a custom computer is worth building, when hes ganna use the computer for internet and video editing. I wish i knew how to build a computer, anyone know a site i can go to to read up on how to build a computer?

Here is a good guide:
    http://www.omnicast.net/~tmcfadden/g...ild/index.html

And I got the impression he wanted it for gaming since you said he wanted a good video card which would be of no use. If you do plan on building one this may be a good place to start:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthread.php?t=18931

ok thanks drew and everyone.

lol!!! no dude dells are faster
    you r sayin some avg guy could build better performin computer than dell for less money? okaaaaayyyyy.....
    Last edited by Joe89; 12-16-2004 at 12:57 PM.
    Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

to Zeeg: Don't be afraid of assembling a custom PC!! Even if you break the processor upon installation and need to buy another you will still be saving move than buying from namebrand!! And it would be difficult to not build a pc. The hardest part about computers is the software aspect. Hardware is fairly simple. If you have a motherboard manual in English, there is nothing to worry about. Nearly all parts are compatible w/ eachother that are meant to be! Just ask us if you are concerned! We are here to help you out, and welcome you to the group of PC enthusiasts! Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information