Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need New Laptop

Talking Need New Laptop

Ok i want to have my on laptop built. I want the best of the best of the best. top of the line.

My uncle wants to buy a laptop for his son. as a present.

So i need something for a University student. I dont know much about computers. But i need osmethig t hat i can log onto the internet wirelessly.

So can someone give me a list of parts i need.

I want a excllent Motherboard. Nice lcd screen. Good RAM. DVD player. etc. CD/DVD Burner. Pretty much I dont know anything about comps. so give me a list of everyhting i need plz. for the best pc. and a estimate of the price. Im canadian. but any currency is fine. Thanks u

Mubashshir

Default Re: Need New Laptop

I would also like to hear the answer for this. Is it hard to build one, or is the same as a regular computer? I have a hard time taking my Dell apart (just wanted to take a look at my ati 9600 pro turbo) so I thought it must be hard to make one.
    -Case - Aspire X-Dreamer (Silver)
    -Processor - P4 2.8C OC 3.26GHz
    -Motherboard - Chaintech S865PE Socket 478 Intel® Pentium 4 800MHz FSB Intel 865PE + ICH5
    -RAMs - pqi TURBO (2 x 1GB) DDR400 Dual Channel 2.5-3-2-5
    -Graphic Card - HIS ATI 512MB X1650 Pro
    -Hard Drive - Western Digital 7200rpm 8mb cache (250gb)
    -CD Drive - NEC DVD-RW ND-2510A

Making a laptop is not nearly as simple as making a PC, and I wouldn't suggest trying. Buy one. Dell and Alienware would probably be the best for high-end laptops. Is your cousin (uncle's son...) into video games?

yeah i also heard that building laptops are really hard.

lol. im gonna get it built by a professionel . i give him the list of parts i want. he buys directly from factory. for cheap prices throws on like extra 30 bucks for labour.
    future shop and the rest are rip offs.

Like i got my pc a month ago. 200gb hardrive. 3.2 processor. veiwsonic 23" monniter. 1.5 gb ram. Radion v. card(cant rember wat). Lexmark printer. Full teathre speakers. asus deluxe mother board(p4g800-e) burner. dvd writer. dvd player. joy stick ...prety much evrthing and with programs. windows,office. etc. and i got it for 2200 candain

Why not an athlon 64 (or maybe sempron 3100) based system?

Actually I would go with a Pentium chip for a laptop mainly because Pentiums tend to run cooler, and laptops do not have good cooling in them. That's what I went with for my laptop, which I also got for college purposes.

Ummm... Athlon 64's run a lot cooler than Intel prescot chips... I know a few people that have 3.4 and 3.6 laptops and they hate the heat they give off, one accualy took it back and got a Pentium M. If you want to go intel go moble (unless its gonna be your main gamer... I wouldent use a laptop for that but some do). Other wise get a A64 based laptop.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Thread Information