Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seagate or Western Digital HDD??

Default Re: Seagate or Western Digital HDD??

Maxtor Maxline. 300GB w/ 16MB cache. Even the older Diamondmax drives have a 16MB cache. They have a 5 year warranty. Maybe they aren't quieter but I've had my diamondmax 160GB for about 3 years now and it still works great. I've had 2 seagate drives go bad, 2 WDs go bad, no hitachies go bad, 1 maxtor go bad, and no samsungs go bad. Hitachie and Samsung won't give you as good a deal as Maxtor. Don't be biased because of one bad drive. Unless you absolutely don't like them.

Default Re: Seagate or Western Digital HDD??

I leave IBM/Hitachi and Maxtor drives well enough alone due to the fact that I've replaced/RMA'd that many of those drives over the last 8yrs that I have to cringes over just their names (sorry I can't help it but that's a fact here) though I don't mind using Seagate and WD drives at all.

As to Seagate's 5yr warranty, check before you buy as many people have been caught out with this and the models that they got actually only had 1yr warranty (run the HDD's serial no. through their website to be sure of what warranty the drive you have actually has) but WD's just seem to be the better drive here (even if only a 3yr warranty, had DOA's as with other brands but I've yet a failure with one after install though I can't say the same for "other" makes, especially the first three brands mentioned).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information