Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enermax PSU...

Hehe, I apologize for that rant landing in your thread Beefy, but it was on my mind with no where else to put it! Hehe...

A friend got a 350Watt dual fan 'Whisper' enermax PSU, and the cables are insanely long. Especially the mobo connection, I would say it was at least TWO FEET long, if not 2.5 feet!

We just looped it and zip tied it out of the way, but WOW, it was easily 3 times longer than any other PSU I have ever seen. It is top notch, and queit, with loads of device connetions. (like 8 or 9 I think, and on top of that I am fairly sure it had 3 floppy connections!?!)

i have a 550watt one, its one sweet power supply.
    the only problem i have with enermax p/s is that the cables are "too" long, but carefull placement should fix this

also the aopen ones are good too.

i have had good experiences with both brands :P

Beefy Guest

Thanks.. I've got my supply on order now.. Gonna hold off on the case for a while...

I would be that friend that Zeradul referenced. I love my Enermax PSU, but the cables are silly in length. They would be really handy is I wanted to install a drive 3 feet away from the PSU, but I really don't ever want to. The MOBO connector is about 18 inches long, which is just ridiculous. I haven't seen a case with a PSU that far from the MOBO, ever.

I do like the power connector configuration. If you have a case with four 5 1/4" bays you will find that having a power cord with four ends in a row on it to make your case very clean looking, but the 2 extra feet don't do anything but annoy you.

If you have some room to stuff extra feet of power cord, go for an enermax, but if you're concerned with organization, or just really anal, you might see if you can get something with smaller cords, or maybe get a bigger case, like something around 5 feet tall.
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

Beefy Guest

:) fair enough. I'm still waiting for mine to come in.. :(

I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to shorten up some cables if one were to take the time. Be a lot easier than lengthening them for sure.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

but the questions is....DO you really want to shorten them ? What if you shorten them for your current case (lets just say its a mini tower Case) and then you go and buy a shiny new FULL tower case and well waddaya know, the cables don't reach!...as you said Mr. C Is easier to shorten then to lengthen....

just a thought :D
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

Beefy Guest

cable ties will do....

Point taken daedalus:)

But if I had a mini-tower, I'd just get a generic PSU:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I've had my Antec 400w Power Supply for quite a while now...
    Great performance on the physical end!

Also, i've dealt with Antec's customer support; if anything is wrong, they really do follow up on their warranties by replacing your power supply ( my PS fired in an electrical storm, though i didnt tell them exactly that :rolleyes2 ) and they told me to mail my PS in....I ups grounded that mo-fugga in to Antec based in Cali. and they sent me a new power supply within 1 week

:thumb: Great Service, Awesome Quality :thumb:
    __/\__
    \ oO / cHeEsY327
    /_ ~_\ _ _____________ __ _ _ _
    | \/
    | EPoX 4SDA+ Motherboard w/ Intel P4 2.0a @ 2.625GHz
    | SoundBlaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 w/ Logitech Z560 4.1 Surround
    | 40GB Quantum Fireball Plus AS & 30GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 60
    : Lite-On 52x24x52 CD-RW & Asus 50x CD-ROM
    : 768MB Corsair XMS3000 DDR333
    . PNY GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB
    Windows XP Pro