Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Computer System

Default Computer System

Well for awhile now I have been wanting to get a new computer for myself...mostly for gaming purposes. But at this point I really dont have the money to be buying each individual part. Instead I plannned on buying a pre-built computer which I could make payments on. However I havent really found a computer that will fit to my needs. Alienware is far too expensive but other companies dont have that great graphics card I'm looking for. So Im asking if anyone knows some good places to look for that or if anyone has any other imput as to what I should do. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Computer System

Never Never Land?

Don't expect to get a decent pre-built gaming computer from any company, period. Most of them simply don't make them (e.g. even their expensive gaming systems aren't really very good). Alienware is one of the exceptions, and that's not going to save you anything. Building your own computer will save you a lot of money, especially if you intend on using it for gaming.

Like Yawqm0th said. About a year or so ago I wanted to get a new computer. I searched and found this board and was facinated. I posted and I forgot the names that helped. All of them were right. It was cheaper for me to build my own gaming computer than buying one prebuilt. At the time the Radeon 9800 pro was the top Card. I could afford that into my budget. I would stick with buying your own system. I can't stress that enough.
    Still learning about Computers, I ask because I don't know.

I understand it would be cheaper to buy my own parts and just put it together myself. However I'm not 100% confident in building my own machine that I used my money to buy the parts for it. I've installed parts in a computer before, but never really built a computer. But I would appreciate if you guys would post some parts for a gaming computer with a budget of about...$1000+ A little over that is okay. Thanks for the replies.

Athlon 64 3000
    Chaintech VNF4 Ultra
    Corsair Value Select PC3200 512MBx2
    500W Antec Power Supply
    XFX 6800GT
    NEC 19" CRT Or, use you existing monitor
    WD 80GB SATA HDD
    That leaves around $50 for optical drives and a case. You can use your current drives, or tell me what kind of drive(s) you want (e.g. DVD burner, CD burner, dual-layer DVD burner).
    For a case, any ATX case you like is fine. You can look for anything at Newegg here. For something cheap, but good, this is a good example. I have the same model but in black and I'm content with it. Choose a case based on price and how you like its appearance, in that order. Unless it's an Antec or maybe Thermaltake case, I wouldn't worry about whether or not it has a power supply, because it probably won't do. Even then, it has to have a 24-pin power connector (look at the pictures to find out), and there's a good chance it won't.

Thread Information