Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: buying a computer off ebay

Default buying a computer off ebay

for me, atleast rightnow, i don't have the time or the patience to build a computer. so, i figured instead of wasting moneyandbuying a dellor gateway crapper i thought i'dbuy a customoff ebay. if you ugys have any experiances withbuying computers from ebaylet meknow. also,giveme yourthoughts on thesesystems below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...209047249&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...209046971&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...209772385&rd=1

Default Re: buying a computer off ebay

Not for the price.

caveat emptor - "Let the buyer beware"
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Saw $2000 tag and saw "P4" in title. No.

Saw $1500 tag and saw use of X800Pro. No.

joshuajames if you are trying to avoid the limitations of the manufactured computers then find yourself a local computer shop and have them build one to your specs.

This option has pitfalls as well. Do some serious research as to what you really want. Make certain that the shop is not a "fly by night" company by asking lots of questions about warranty and after sale technical assistance. Get references if possible. Find other computer enthusiasts and ask who they recommend. Mention the company name to the local electronics stores and watch for their reaction and opinion ... although be aware that they may see the local shop as a competitor and attempt to discredit it out of spite.

If you buy from someone local at least you have somone to shout at if things go horribly wrong. You also have a bit of leverage because they usually want to keep the locals happy in order to get more business.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

You could also have an enthusiast do it for you, though I'd suggest against it unless it's someone you know and trust.

If you think you're up to a little bit (and I really do mean "little bit") of learning, you could also build it yourself, with some recommendations on what parts to get from us. It doesn't take nearly as much time as some people seem to think, and IMO it's worth the money you save and the superior product you get.

Thread Information