Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What monitor?

Default What monitor?

Im getting my new system next week but I still need a monitor to go with it. I don't want to spend too much and I don't need it to be LCD. My machine is mostly for gaming purposes. Here are the specs:

AMD 64 3200+
    Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
    2x512 PC3200 Ram
    eVGA Geforce 6600GT
    550 Watt Antec PSU
    120gb Western Digital

If you need any more information I would be glad to tell you. Im looking to spend no more than $150...but If I have to go over then I can. Thanks for your help in advance.

Default Re: What monitor?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824103203

Not a top of the line brand, but I used a CTX monitor for a couple of years before going with a larger display. We have also used them at work (very hard life there) and have had them last for over 4 years. Not too bad though... 19" for the budget you're looking at. In the digital arena you'd be doing well to get in at a 15" display for your budget and it likely would only be analog (no digital display capabilities).

Of course, the above asumes you're from the US. If not I'll let somebody else help you out.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yeah I am from the U.S. And thanks for the quick reply!

CTX monitors rock actually, they have nice performance and they last forever. I've had one since 1994 and still use it. It's better than my Dell Herniatron.

Thread Information