Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: FSB - integrated or 1ghz

1. Question FSB - integrated or 1ghz

I am new to some of the AMD processors. I am looking at getting a good processor. I do a lot of gaming and homework with my computers. On Newegg, they have some processors that have some with an integrated fsb and some with a 1ghz or 800mhz. Is it better to get an integrated or go with a 1ghz fsb? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: FSB - integrated or 1ghz

This isn't really a FSB setting anymore, but a "Hyper Transport" speed used by modern AMD processors. It still uses an effective memory speed (related to the old FSB standard) of 200MHz, but the mainboard uses a multiplier up to a value of 5 when communicating with the processor. From what I've seen so far, S939 processors have a HT setting of 5 (hence the 1000MHz rating) while the older S754 has a HT value of 4 (or a 800MHz rating). Also, I've noticed that the AMD laptops I've seen so far look to have a HT value of 4 as well.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information