Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building new gaming computer

Default Re: Building new gaming computer

Precisely. All socket 754, 939, and 775 boards support SATA. Most socket 478 and socket A do as well. Basically, you'd have to buy sometihng pretty old to not have SATA available.

2. Question Re: Building new gaming computer

Thanks for all the help guys.
    But, I think I have stumbled into something. I have put parts into different computers and done some extensive work on them, but I have never assembled one from scratch. The DFI board ratings on Newegg all say that it is a board for experienced builders. Is there a board that is equally priced with all the options that will run just as well, but be easy to setup and run right out of the box?

Default Re: Building new gaming computer

Ignore the reviews. There's not much complication that comes out of using that, and I really, really doubt switching to a different brand will make a difference. The manual that came with last DFI board I worked with was practically a "how-to-build-your-own-computer" type manual like many motherboards come with now, and that was when DFI wasn't very popular. Now it's basically the prefered brand for AMD motherboards (meaning the company has more money) and I'd bet the manual will cover any complications you'd have quite well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information