Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gyppc

Default Re: Gyppc

Oops sorry about the name thing Chris! lol.

Thank you again Chris. the links you posted for me are great, but I noticed that one person said the 939 socket is 2 months away from being obsolete. That made me think. I want to try to stay ahead, as impossible as that sounds, so I am going to take your advice and wait. lol.
    Thanks again Chris.
    Scott

2. Default Re: Gyppc

Hey good to hear from you Scott,

Anyways, the initial AM2 tests look ok. They aren't great, but they should get better with time.

The socket 939 systems will not be obsolete for a while. They should be around for another 18 monthes after the release of AM2. As of now, I'm not sure.

You can find some GREAT deals on 939 systems. Right now the Opterons are hot and they perform insanely well. Plus, you would have the distinction of having a server core in a desktop.
    Honestly, I would wait. I would just instead buy a cheap processor upgrade and get a new power supply. You can use the power supply in your next build and save some money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information