Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what case I should take then

Default Re: what case I should take then

No, that can't be done accurately. Well, it kind of can, but you can't judge PSUs by wattage. If I remember your system's components correctly, you're going to need something in the area of 500W with a native 24-pin connector (most new PSUs will have this, so don't worry too much about it). A few brands to look for include Antec, Enermax, Fortron, Sparkle, and OCZ.

I suggest getting a power supply that is top quality and has at least 500W and a solid 25A+ on the 12v+ rail. I prefer OCZ myself, but Antec, Thermaltake, and Enermax also make excellent units. Just don't skimp on it or you will regret it later on. For example, look at my PC. My power supply is an excellent unit, but it is not capable of running my system properly and I desperately need to upgrade it.

As for the case, my case has a cutout in front and a grill tha is open to the entire space of the 120MM fan so it draws in alot of fresh air. Same thing with the rear fan, it is open. Plus, my side panel has a top mounted fan which I use as exhaust. I prefer a top mounted exhaust fan, I just haven't gotten around to adding one. Anyhow, modifying a case is easy. With a pair of tin nips and a simple drill, you can add fans wherever there is open space. Don't be afraid to try, experiment on an old case if you have one. We all were beginners at one time.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by casecutter
    I suggest getting a power supply that is top quality and has at least 500W and a solid 25A+ on the 12v+ rail. I prefer OCZ myself, but Antec, Thermaltake, and Enermax also make excellent units. Just don't skimp on it or you will regret it later on. For example, look at my PC. My power supply is an excellent unit, but it is not capable of running my system properly and I desperately need to upgrade it.

As for the case, my case has a cutout in front and a grill tha is open to the entire space of the 120MM fan so it draws in alot of fresh air. Same thing with the rear fan, it is open. Plus, my side panel has a top mounted fan which I use as exhaust. I prefer a top mounted exhaust fan, I just haven't gotten around to adding one. Anyhow, modifying a case is easy. With a pair of tin nips and a simple drill, you can add fans wherever there is open space. Don't be afraid to try, experiment on an old case if you have one. We all were beginners at one time.
    I guess, I might choose Seasonic S12 500W as I read a good review on silent PC(or maybe Fortron or Antec as they are cheaper). and then will check the case in our Local store :).

Quote Originally Posted by casecutter

You may check the website below
    http://www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

I input your system (I assume you do the OC) then It suggest you need at least 516W PSU(not at that leak time). In order to let your system running ok at peaktime, you would need sth over 590W although you are not always working at the peak time.

Well, my system will need about 380W at peak time according to the website,
    I guess, if I would not upgrade my video card. a 430W or 450W PSU is enough for me. otherwise, I have to choose a 500W maybe Seasonic S-12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information