Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pretend it's your birthday...

I got mine off the net. And frankly - I dont care what it's called. Home sucks, and i always thought there was a pro that only needed the 25 letter/number code. If theres a corp, it must not need anything, right? My Start Menu says Professional. You guys are wrong because Microsoft doesn't lie!
    (Please sense the sarcasm)

Beefy Guest

They are the 6 important words there - 'I got mine off the net'.. Hence you got the Corporate version. It's not marked in any way, it simply doesn't have the need for activation. It's apparently what all the mass producing companies (Dell, Compaq, etc) were going to use on their machines to make life easier.

If you had of got Pro, then you'd still have to activate.. I think.. :)

The whole basis of my arhuement came from my start menu which says "Windows XP Professional" and since we all know that microsoft is completely honest is their product marketing, i just figured.... ...thanks for enlightening me.

i've got winxp pro corp, and my one says "Windows XP Professional" in the start bar as well...

Well, in my case, Microsoft has fooled yet another sheep.
    Unregistered, WHAD'YA GET?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information