Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decided to start from scratch.

Default Re: Decided to start from scratch.

If you can, I suggest holding off about one month for the BIG CPU price cuts if you plan to build an Intel system based on Core 2 Duo. Its not a rumor anymore, Intel does plan to slash their prices soon and from what I've been reading its going to a big cut.

Maybe a P35 based board and a cached up version of the CPU you plan to get will be available by then also. It sounds like the P965 based mainboards are going to become a thing of the past quickly, so big dicounts on those are obviously very near also.......

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/10...iew/index.html

Why is Intel planning on slashing their prices?
    Are they planning on bumping them back up after a certain time?

Quote Originally Posted by CColtManM View Post
    Why is Intel planning on slashing their prices?
    Are they planning on bumping them back up after a certain time?

From what I can figure its to make the Core 2 Duo more attractive to low end system manufactures since AMD still has a big lead in that department, also lowing the price on the old stuff to make room for the new stuff is nothing we haven't seen before. This is also the year we will start seeing 45nm CPU's from Intel which will have the next generation transistors to increase density and speed, my guess is we will see these baby's starting to show up very soon. AMD will also have a new 45nm CPU this summer that they claim to be 40 percent faster than any of Intel's current quad-core counterparts. Its going to be a big CPU war in the makings!

Intel is going to be introducing new Core 2 Duo models as well as new Core 2 Quad models in Q3, and the price will be reduced accordingly. More importantly, AMD's Barcelona is just around the corner, and Intel needs to remain competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th View Post
    Intel is going to be introducing new Core 2 Duo models as well as new Core 2 Quad models in Q3, and the price will be reduced accordingly. More importantly, AMD's Barcelona is just around the corner, and Intel needs to remain competitive.

Its a race to see who makes its to area 51 first for another visit or where ever they keep that dang thing at nowdays.

So, for people looking to get a new processor, how long should they wait? Obviously the battle won't be over soon, but as far as taking advantage of price/quality?

So, for people looking to get a new processor, how long should they wait? Obviously the battle won't be over soon, but as far as taking advantage of price/quality?
    Who knows for sure, as soon as they lower the price on something there is always something newer and better that you can spend more money on just around the corner.
    This is a tough year to decide the answer to your question since we will have so much new hardware and software choose from.
    If you have a limited budget its probably best to wait to build that new system as long as you can and see how things pan out and if not and you decide to buy now or next month after the price drop, then I'd say to be prepared to invest more funds if you want to have a high end system at this same time next year.

Well, i was expecting to pay around 2,000 for the computer itself. I want to get the Dell 30" Monitor later.

So, for that budget, and the fact i'm planning on building in about a month and a half (May) what do you think?

Well, i was expecting to pay around 2,000 for the computer itself. I want to get the Dell 30" Monitor later.

So, for that budget, and the fact i'm planning on building in about a month and a half (May) what do you think?
    What kind of system specs do you have right now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information