Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What not to buy

Fujitsu are no longer making HDDs
    Not correct. Fujitsu is no longer making IDE HDDs. They're still pumping out SCSI drives.

any wheel mouse is a no go....better off paying that extra bit to get a optical one...annoying to clean, and the opticals work better!!
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Ball mouse ya mean don't ya? :confused:

Just dont get a MS intellimouse explorer, they are very prone to getting broken cables, mine died not all that long ago
    TT Original

..... anything with the name "maxtor" in the description

i think we all know why by now... ;)
    <a href="http://www.harddrivehell.com">http://www.geocities.com/ctnow_da_ru/images/logod.gif</a>

Viewsonic A90f 19” monitor (or possibly Office Depot).
    Bought one. It emitted a high-pitched whine and the brightness keep flickering.
    Returned it and the second one did the same.
    Tried a new FD Sony (actually two).
    Two horizontal lines across the top and bottom?
    Normal?!
    Unacceptable.
    Bought a 19” KDS.
    I’m very happy now.
    By the way, I have two IBM 40g hard drives in RAID 0.
    Had them mounted on top off each other about an eighth of an inch apart for a year with no active cooling. For the last 6 months, they have been mounted about a 1.5-inch apart with active cooling. They have yet to fail.
    Which brings me to a point:
    How quickly we turn.
    Not to long ago, everyone adored IBM hard drives. They were touted to be the fastest and most reliable. This is why I bought two.
    Just because IBM drives are in public focus right now doesn’t mean their HD’s are any less reliable than other companies drives.
    Do the research ladies and gentlemen.
    The hard drive failure rates between all the bigger hard drive makers are virtually identical.
    Perhaps they are settling out of court.

yeah trinitron monitors do have those lines..perfectly normal, and from my experience with them, they're hardly noticeable..sayin to keep away from sony trinitrons is a big call, considerin they're some of the best, if not the best, flatscreen monitors u can get..

here's something i copied and pasted from Sony's FAQ on their website, regarding those lines

Description:
    There Is A Thin Gray Line In Either The Top Or Bottom Section Of A Sony Trinitron Monitor.

Solution:
    There is nothing wrong with the monitor, the thin line(s) is normal. The thin line is a shadow cast by the horizontal Aperture Grille Damper wire. The damper wire is used to stabilize the Aperture Grille, which is featured on all Sony Trinitron picture tubes.

The number of damper wires vary according to the size of the monitor. For example, 15" monitors only have one thin line while the 17" and 20" monitors have two thin lines.

Through the adjustment of the brightness and contrast on the monitor, the line(s) may appear less noticeable.

There is a mention of the horizontal Aperture Grille Damper wire in the Sony User's Guide which came with the monitor.
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

I have always believed that Sony makes the best picture tube in the industry since the day my Dad brought home one of the first Trinitron TVs available to the public (oops! probably just gave away my age). I have never owned anything but Trinitrons including my incredible 36” Wega.
    But after my experience, I believe Sony needs to do more work on their computer monitors.

I'vew had six FD Trinitron Moniutors over the course of the last two years (im a walking pawn shop, so what) they have all had those lines, but they are still kisk arse monitors. Set the freq up to 75+ and screw with the contrast and brightness. They do go away. The picture controls make it less noticeable and the freq makes em smaller at higher hz's.

Dont buy anything Star Trek, star wars is the way to go...

*waits for pissed trekies to reply*

Sorry, but, for the money someone will pay for a Sony monitor, “screwing” with it to fix a defect is not my idea of a superior product.
    Besides, I did “screw” with it. Ran the refresh rate, in steps, all the way up to 120mhz.
    Messed with the brightness, contrast, and color.
    No joy.
    Sony needs to fix it before I buy again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information