Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can you guys recommend me a TV Tuner card.

Default Can you guys recommend me a TV Tuner card.

USB or PCi doesn't matter. I will be buying another 20" Dell monitor to have a dual monitor setup with my soon to be rig.

I am new to this TV tuner stuff; but, my assumption is that I would be able to watch TV on one monitor and PC on the other.

Also, recording is a must so...I need something with decent software to do so. Double tuner would be cool, but not a real big need, remote not really needed either.

Thanks in advance.
    - Damien

Default Re: Can you guys recommend me a TV Tuner card.

There are a lot of choices, so you'll want to do a bit of research and see what type suits yours needs. I recommend PCI versions since they tend to be better quality over the USB products as a rule. With regards to using one monitor for TV and the other for applications, just make sure that the device you get supports opening in a window and not a required full screen model. This will let you do whatever you want with your TV window, even using it to cover one of your monitors. Many also offer multiple windows, but most of these are more along the lines of a preview type thing where you can monitor several channels in small windows so you can select the one you want.

As far as brands go, I have had very good luck with CompPro and Prolink. Haupage (sp?) is also reputed as being toward the top of the food chain in this category.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Darth, thank you for your reply and info. I will def. look into it a bit more.
    - Damien

haupage are the best - most expensive too

winfast dv 1000 T is pretty damn good (digital one)

compro 300 not bad (Digital tv)

Dvinco not bad for dual tuner card either

I'm using media Portal and it supports all of these cards

Thread Information