Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: i need help will my gcard work best with my motherbord

Exclamation i need help will my gcard work best with my motherbord

hi i have lets say $1000 australian

what i m looking for is geforce 8800 GTS 320mb avg price in au is like 450-490 i only want it for the dx10 for games i m a gamer

i all so want 2x1 gig SD DDR ram i allrdy got 2 512mb

and maybe a 200gb hdrive

ok anyway here is my Q i have will this motherbord V

Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI Motherboard: (S939/ nForce4/ SLI/ ATX/ PCIE16*2/ DUALDDR/ SATA2)

i want to know if it will work with the graphics card i want and my gcard work 100% or less? i tryed searching the net to see but i m not the best wiz kid

another Q if i get a gcard with dx10 will i still need to buy windows vista to play the games i m sure i dont but i m not 100% sure

thanks.

Default Re: i need help will my gcard work best with my motherbord

So long as you buy a PCI Express videocard it should work just fine with any PCI Express equipped motherboard. You will also be looking for a very beefy power supply unit. At this point there are no DX10 games that I am aware of so you would have to wait awhile in order to enjoy the new eyecandy that comes with it. The new card will work very well with XP but at this point in time it looks as though DX 10 goodness may remain a Vista only option. To sum up: the DX10 implementation should bring some nice visuals to the screen but only if you have games coded for DX10 and an operating system (Vista) that can use it.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Exclamation Re: i need help will my gcard work best with my motherbord

ive found out i need a min of 450wat of power would 800wats be over kill or just right

4. Default Re: i need help will my gcard work best with my motherbord

Just a little overkill...

600 or 650w should be enough. It probably is a good idea to get something a little more powerful if you don't want to constantly upgrade.

Thread Information