Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for this computer?

that'll be a nice system - similar to my own :thumb:

WRT power supplies - you don't need a huge one, 300w is enough for most home users, but you do need a good quality one with consistant output - that's the key

I've had good luck with enlight & youngyear - both are reasonably priced - of course you can't go wrong w/enermax - but they cost a little more

I upgraded to the Enermax 350W. I think it was a good purchase. Are you considering overclocking?

Good luck! :thumb:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

most likely ill be OC'in

You will wanna consider things like number peripherals and number of fans. I got into a problem where I didn't have enough power for everything after I overclocked. In particular, my cpu and vid card were fighting for power, both figuratively and literally. My cpu won everytime and usually ended up with me booted out of the game I was trying to play.

Just something to think about.
    :hammer:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Quote Originally Posted by XFinity
    OK, now that i think about i might get an amd XP but the thing is that is the 8KHA+ compatible with the XP's?

Loved this bit of AMD's site. They test all for compatability... they don't however reccomend one over the other so there is no bias on the site.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...9_1039,00.html

Regards
    A tasty Athlon 1333 on ASUS
    Seasoned with 512Meg DDR
    And a seving of GeForce2Pro
    With a 17incher for presentation

Been thinking here about newbie's OC'g.............

Two thoughts.......

1) If really want'n to get into full blow'm tweak'n.....the hands on kind......ya might want budget a learning curve processor..... say a Duron 850. Their cheap and easy to OC. Also theirs alot of guides availible on how to..... Then when your confortable tackle the XP. Their a little more detailed on unlocking them. Besides, if ya scamble one OC'g, your not out a chunck of $$$$. I'm not sure how much experince you have..... The 850's typically are $40usd. OCZ's pre unlocked XP 1600's are $135....

2) You may want to opt'd to buy your XP unlocked.......

Fans.........theres a lot of hi preformance 80mm out there, I love mine......4500rpm w/ 64 cfm. They make a big difference, T's wise... I paid $8-9 each for mine...
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

alright, well i think ill just buy the xp and not overclock it and just leave it as is but now, im on my 466 celeron which ill fool around with when i get the xp up and running

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information