Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building New Computer

*We will have a slight pause now while BenQuilter examins the Dark Side.* :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by BenQuilter
    no, i don't think i'll really be doing any overclocking with the processor (or should maybe i do that too?)
    The choice is entirely up to you, but consider this...
    You're going to be building a Kick-Ass system that has as its centerpiece one of the best processors made to date. The Northwood series of processor (the one you're looking at) is also renowned for being one of the best overclocking chips that Intel has put out since the old Celeron 300a. If you can get free power from it, then why not do it?

But beware... those who enter our little world of overclocking seldom return to the ho-hum normal world. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by BenQuilter
    oh, and is 400W too much? or does it not matter enough, and i should go for 300, 350W?
    A bigger power supply is never a bad thing. The 300W is probably a little risky to try, even with a good brand, such as Antec and Enermax. 350 should be fine. However, for future usage, a 400Watt would be a good investment.

Uh huh, there's no such thing as TOO much power :D
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

Ben you should take your time in making decisions like this ...do alot of research..this is a good place to do so. As for the system...it looks kick ass. Btw take a look at newegg.com they have nice cases there real cheap w/out PSU's which in my case is a good thing because you get to choose your wattage and quality of your PSU. They have real nice 'alienware" type cases with four 80mm case fans (two intake and two exhaust. Take a look at them before you buy and other ones. : peace2:
    - Damien

If you like the so-called "Alienware" type cases, then look at the Antec PLUS1080. It also comes with an Antec 430w TruePower PSU so your energy needs will be met already. The PSU also has the additional P4 power cable. I did a review of one not too long ago:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=242
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

the mobo i'm looking at (epox 4g4+ or somthing) has support for ATA 133 RAID or whatever. the harddrives i've found are only ATA 100. where can i find ATA 133 RAID harddrives (i think i might've gotten some things mixed up, but i don't really know about ATA and RAID)

Maxtor are the company atm making ATA133 drives but there is really no real world difference between them and ATA100 yet. Try getting the 8MB cache WD drives if ya can as they're about the fastest goin' atm. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Something to consider...

As it looks you're not only building a top system of THIS moment. You're also building a top price system.

Why are you opting for the bigger, best and most expensive. :?:

Judging on this thread you're a newbie Tweaker, just as I am.

Do you really need a pentium 4 2400 system? For half the price you'll get much more than half the speed of you're desired system. Furthermore in about a year your system won't be worth half of it's current price.
    And if you save half you're money now. You're problably able to upgrade more often and spend much less.

If money isn't a issue, just :shoot3: me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information