Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: need new vid card for xps m1710 laptop HELP!

Default need new vid card for xps m1710 laptop HELP!

i need to buy a new video card for my Dell XPS M1710, i'm currently running a Nvidia geforce go 7800 and the video memory has been corrupted, i need a PCI Express card that is going to roughly be the same size as it is going into a laptop, i don't care if its a nvidia or ati just as long as its an upgrade, and money isnt too much of an issue. anyone have a suggestion?

Default Re: need new vid card for xps m1710 laptop HELP!

Sorry to break the news to you, I dont think upgrading the graphics card on a laptop is even possible, if your laptop is still in warranty, you may return it to DELL to get it fixed. Otherwise, its impossible to get the memory fixed.

OR maybe you could try to find the exact same model and try to install it [i think the GO 7800 is extinct now]

i'm 100% positive i can upgrade it, i pulled the card out yesterday, all it is is a mini PCI slot, and all new gen XPS's are vid card upgradable... i'm just having trouble finding one to replace the one i have... and i'm looking for a 512 instead of a 256, i know they're out there but i just can't find em... ididn't know they were upgradable at first either, but i spoke with a DELL rep and he said it would be a quick fix just would cost me a few bucks
    Last edited by Neroveous; 01-12-2008 at 07:22 AM.

A quick Google search reveals that Dell uses a proprietary format for their video card upgrades (go figure). You'll probably either have to hit up eBay or make your upgrade purchase through Dell.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

thats kinda what i was beginning to wonder, after spending a couple hours looking for mythical part numbers, and searching the nvidia product site and finding absolutely nothing

i have a 512 graphics card for sale from a dell Xps m1710 Geforce 7900GTX - Dual Heat sink
    not cheap tho as the part is rare as hell to get. im selling for 350

Thread Information