Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Gaming/Multimedia Computer

well, whaddya think?
    __/\__
    \ oO / cHeEsY327
    /_ ~_\ _ _____________ __ _ _ _
    | \/
    | EPoX 4SDA+ Motherboard w/ Intel P4 2.0a @ 2.625GHz
    | SoundBlaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 w/ Logitech Z560 4.1 Surround
    | 40GB Quantum Fireball Plus AS & 30GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 60
    : Lite-On 52x24x52 CD-RW & Asus 50x CD-ROM
    : 768MB Corsair XMS3000 DDR333
    . PNY GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB
    Windows XP Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Andy, Albinus and myself are using these cases. ;)
    http://www.eyo.com.au/details.html?C..._number=G-H600

Go the H600A :thumb:

Thanks for the options, cHeEsY327 :D
    One of the problems is that I've already got most of the stuff that you commented on (Motherboard, Soundcard, case, speakers).
    Also, due to me disliking some of XPs' many faults, I've decided to go back to Win 98 SE (I can actually use EAX Drivers then :|).
    Only reason why I'm not getting 60gb+ hddrives is because 98 won't recognise anything over 60gb.
    I'm going with the Pioneer DVD(due to a great deal of enthusiasm about them). No CD-ROM anymore :) Although I never knew DVDs could read normal cds.
    I've worked it out so I only need a couple more hundred, then I can get the ASUS Ti4600, which a great deal of people have recomended.
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
    I'll definitly make sure I make annother post before the new computer and wait for the verdict :D.
    I still hope that it'll be a ripper!
    Thanks all! :flames:
    "The greatness of Evil lies in its awful accuracy, for without that deadly talent for being in the right place at the right time, Evil must suffer defeat. Unlike it's opposite, Good, Evil is allowed no human failings, no miscalculations. Evil must be perfect, or depend upon the imperfections of others. "

*cheers* I've been blessed with some more cash from my parents..thus I can extend my case options ;).
    I can get anything from http://www.pccasegear.com.au/ although if there are any other case distributers in the Melbourne region that have a wider access of cases, please do tell :) My associate is going to Melbourne through the week and will pick up a case for me :)
    I don't want an Alluminium case..Steel all the way baby :D. :afro:
    I personally want somthing that has a lot of modding opportunities..
    Anyhow, thanks for helping me through this troubled time ;):cheers:
    EDIT: I'm currently planning on going with a Tower Case, although I'm not quite sure about what kind at the moment. If it's not advisable to get a TC, please do yell :D.
    "The greatness of Evil lies in its awful accuracy, for without that deadly talent for being in the right place at the right time, Evil must suffer defeat. Unlike it's opposite, Good, Evil is allowed no human failings, no miscalculations. Evil must be perfect, or depend upon the imperfections of others. "

Either of those 1st 2 cases will do ya but remember to order a PSU of good quality to go with it. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks!
    Will a Leadman LP-6100D 400W ATX be OK with that? *cheapest one on the list*
    EDIT: I've reduced the speakers to a 2.1 Cambridge for 70 dollars for now..get the big boys later. Thus, I've got 335.7 to spend on case, PSU(etc)<cheers>. I'm thinking that getting new speakers is better than having to buy the case later and move it all over to the new one.

It should be fine. :smokin:

Thanks...I finally deserve a drink :D

Same here so I'll go and grab a homebrew. ;)

My Step-Dad makes his own homebrew...bah...beer?!
    Top shelf stuff all the way! Southern Comfort :D mmmm....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information