Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New tablet pc for college?

Default New tablet pc for college?

My friend's kid is going off to college this fall and they tell him he needs a tablet pc. I am not in the know about the tablet pc. Can anyone make some recommendations. He has between 2-4k to spend on it and software. Thanks.
    Windows 7 Professional
    (2)-ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" Monitor
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) Liquid CPU Cooler
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Kingston Hyper X Blu 16GB
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Server Processor
    High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD
    SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    3 -2TB Western Digital Black HDD
    Rosewill RDCR-11003 74-in-1 USB3.0 3.5 Internal Card Reader
    1 Asus Blu Ray Burner
    1 Plextor DVD Burner

Default Re: New tablet pc for college?

For a student, you might look at Dell. Their financing plans generally leave a bad taste in people's mouths, but the machines are decent and their service isn't bad. You can pick up a Tablet PC for under $2400 and add accidental damage coverage for 3 years for $169 (covers it when they drop it or spill crap on it, whatever...). That still leaves a good chunk of your buddy's budget to get the Office package or whatever other software needs to be installed.

I haven't messed with their Tablet PC products, but we use both sesktop and laptop machines from Dell at work on a 24 hour basis with very few issues.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information