Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What CPU to buy to go with Epox 8KHA

...as well as quantispeed and the (superior) Palomino core.

That, and you cant buy the TBirds anymore...or its well worth the measly few extra dollars for the said benefits of the Athlon XP.

My friend is looking at Athlon XP CPUs at the moment, and we were going through pricing. I suggested he buy the 1700+, it seems to be the best value currently. The 1600+ was only $35 cheaper, and the 1800+ was a whopping $190 dearer :eek:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

GREAT!! the moron store i purchased from never returned my phone call or email. About wanted to get the "+" board and Now i just got a email from FEXex saying something is coming my way! ACK!!!!!!! I hate returning stuff!
    Kygeek
    BROADBAND JUNKIE
    ADSL AND CABLE @ my house :)
    LIFE IS GOOD :)

Quote Originally Posted by kygeek
    GREAT!! the moron store i purchased from never returned my phone call or email. About wanted to get the "+" board and Now i just got a email from FEXex saying something is coming my way! ACK!!!!!!! I hate returning stuff!
    If your not an overclocker - the 8KHA will probably suit you just fine

But if your looking for stability @ a 180+FSB & want every last little bit of memory bandwidth - go through the hassle to get the plus, you'll be glad you did

I do not over clock. I just want a nice mobo with amd 1500xp processor , I'm i asking for too much :)
    Kygeek
    BROADBAND JUNKIE

I've used 2 of the orig. 8KHA's - neither had any issues @ defaults. The second one would not make it through 3DMark if it was overclocked & had some boot up inconsistencies - the first one didn't have any such handicaps, but it fried it's bios chip after about 4mo. of use

Whether or not you return your's for the plus is up to you

Well i guess ill go ahead and order my AMD 1500xp cpu and see how it works for awhile, if i dont like it. I'll sell it on ebay....
    Kygeek
    BROADBAND JUNKIE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information