Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Impossible to find case! :mad:

There are others listed on eBay, also found this one

But again, it's a seller who won't ship except to the US.

I used the rate calculator at UPS website, and it will cost a bit over $54 US to ship it from my house to yours. :eek: That's with just slightly over-estimating the weight (rounded up to 28lbs, and not knowing the exact dimensions of the packaging --- and would definitely need to increase the insurance rate a bit, I used $100 dollars insurance.)

I'm usually cruising the cases for a bit each weekend, and knew I had seen this model before. (If I ever get to build a new dream machine, I need to start with a case right? So I may stumble across one eventually that will ship to OZ -- I hope! )

The quantity listed in the auction heading is how many of the item he has for sale, you may bid on just 1 -- unless otherwise specified in the auction itself.

I would think it impractical for us to work out aplan for 2 party shipping, it'll take $25 US to get 1 to my house, and another $50+ US to get it from mine to yours

We'll keep looking though, and see if we can find a seller who can meet your needs dude, in the meantime, keep your chin up:thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

woah! that second one, if i buy it now i can get if for:

Buy It Now for US $54.95
    This option disappears
    once a bid is placed.

so thatd be just under $100 AU, say $95. then $25 to get to your place, then say $60 to me? all up looking at about $180! thats a bit less than then $209 for 10 people. I'm still seeing if i can gather these 10 people together otherwise ill go with one of these deals...thanks heaps Mr. C! I just hope that somebody doesn't bid on the second one so i can buy it straight away for $54.95 US!
    At the request of wiggo ;)

There are 40 pages or so of case auctions, might want to take a good look, maybe the "seller that ships" is in there somewhere?

Or maybe we need the "shipper that sells":?:

Any way, that's = a lot of money for a case. NOTE; the second case, for $54.95 does not include a PSU
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

yeah ill take a look through the pages of cases to see what i can find...and yeah its a bit of money but its a kick arse case :):)

also, after i posted i realised it didn't include a PSU. So depending on how much the first link's bids get up to it may be a better deal. I have a few ppl that are interested in this case in AU. Do you reckon that the first link, if i approached him with say 5 buyers from AU then he'd ship out here?

He might consider it a pain in the arse (deviation from usual procedure), but then again, he might be a swell fellow. Best to email with the question before bidding.

Dude, these cases have got to be the most garish contraptions ive ever seen. Look how dodgey the thermo sensor is and the piss-weak LCD, what a joke.

anyway, scorptech have similar cases, theyre called 'Treetop ATX cases'
    If you like box designs, grab one, then mod it to include the other...I guess, 'features' that other case has. Get a decent thermo sensor kit from DSE (or even the digidoc) and slap that in there.

The case the guy is selling on ebay is 1mm thick STEEL construct. Itd be heavy.
    Heavy stuff + overseas trip=****loads of $$$ to post.

I don't think there is a great need to act immediately.
    When I saw the pic you posted, Grim Reaper it looked quite familiar. I've been seeing these for quite a while now on eBay, I don't think they are going to disappear anytime soon.

I have found that patience is the best policy for getting what you want for a reasonable price, when it comes to participating in the auctions.

Besides, aren't you about due for a good nights sleep:?:

If you go on ebay and find a few of what you are looking for, you will be able to find them easily ALL the time. Grim... honestly, many of those sellers don't want to deal with international shipping just because then they have to set the shipping price so high it scares away buyers. Do some research into what it will cost to ship, add 20% and make them an offer. Most sellers with good feedback will decide to make the sale anyways.

If you really can't find anyone to ship to you then, you can choose to eat the difference and have it shipped to one of us who will then ship it to you.

hrmmmm, just one question before i actually decide to get this case...do you guys reckon its moddable? somebody said @ OCAU that it woudln't be possible to add a window:

Quote:

"look at the door
    you can't put a window in cause the handle and the internals goes all the way down the door"

If the window was placed just below the handle it'll still fit. And what does he mean by the Internals go all the way down the door? If he means that the R on the side and those pieces that go diaginal, the window can still be cut into the side...correct?

Impossible:eek:

Hmm, give us a link to a pic of the inside of the door.
    With the diagonal ribs it would be easier to use multiple windows instead of 1 large 1 perhaps.

Impossible:?:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information