Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sony Spressa 40x12x48x CD Writer

I've been looking around for a faster CD burner and I've come across a great deal at mwave.com. They're selling a Sony 40x12x48 drive in the white box (which means without fancy retail packaging) for only $79.00.

I think this is a good deal, but is there a good reason for Sony drives to be so much less? Are these drives of bad quality or do they just not get the money that geeky brand names like Plextor and Asus do? If there is something very faulty about these drives please tell me before I buy one.
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

So long as you have software to go with it then I spose it will be ok (white boxes don't usually have the software with them) but I'm with LiteOn ones myself as with CloneCD and Nero there's not much out there that can't be backed up. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

All SONY 40x and faster burners are in fact LiteON drives.
    Even a few of their SONY 32x models are too.

LiteON have a 48x Burner out you might wanna look at to furthur your futureproof.
    Else the 32x or 40x models will serve you well. LiteON backup everything, and are the bees knees at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    All SONY 40x and faster burners are in fact LiteON drives.
    Even a few of their SONY 32x models are too.

LiteON have a 48x Burner out you might wanna look at to furthur your futureproof.
    Else the 32x or 40x models will serve you well. LiteON backup everything, and are the bees knees at the moment.
    Their last batch of 24x drives were also Liteon based. Also Liteon drives can often be flash upgraded to the next fastest speed firmware (mmm.....CDRW overclocking)
    My Box:
    Intel Pentium 4 2.4C @ 2.7
    DFI 875P Lanparty
    512Mb Geil PC3500 Dual Channel (Cas 2-6-3-3 @450MHz DDR)
    Leadtek A280 Geforce4 4200 MyVIVO
    Audigy DE
    1 x 73Gb Seagate fibre channel 10krpm (boot drive) with LSI HBA
    1x80Gig Seagate Barracuda ATA V
    1x120Gig Western Digital 8mb cache
    Spiffy Antec Super Lanboy (LED fan and UV light)

Thread Information