Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking to build a gaming computer on a starving student bud

hello again,

Ok now that problem is solved i just thought i'd ask you what you thought of the purchase i was going to make i plan on buying the Abit Siluro GeForce4 Ti4200 128mb, this is entirly down to the fact its branded and cheep. its gonna cost me 162 + p&p.

i'm buying abit becuase i was told that abits are very good overclockers. As i plan to overclock any gf4 Ti card i get to the spec of the range topper, who can afford 300+ pounds! my main concern is getting a card which overclocks well and won't self destruct on me. are the claims of great overclock-ablity of abits true or unfounded?

Its taken me ages to decide on the abit and i'm still not sure cos this is "my" first pc. the first time i'm allowed to tweak and upgrade myself so its in my interests to do it right. Otherwise my brother will have a field day ripping the piss out of me!

thank you for your continued assistance!

Jwigi

Ps. the machine i plan on putting this in is as follows:
    P4 1.4
    256 RDRAM rimm's PC800/0 - i think
    Intel 850 chipset mobo, dell own make
    GeForce2 MX 32mb
    Creative Live! 1024:confused:

i've done some more research and found an MSI boardwhich is cheeper than that the Abit, it also comes with more bundled software and i have seen benchmarks on the internet of an overclocked one reaching and beating the fps's of a Ti4600.

now i know nothing of MSI all i have to go is this review. so my question is this MSI or ABit is one better than the other? should i just stick to the Abit one?

I have not owned a video card made by either of those brands, but I know that in general they are both considered good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information