Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does this look reasonable?

Default Re: Does this look reasonable?

Of course its a bad idea.

Well, do you REALLY trust what GTA4 is telling u about the VRAM usage??? I really really really x 1000000 doubt that the value is even correct...besides, an OC'ed 8800GT WILL not beat a 9800GTX+ anyday, a graphics card cant be overclocked as simply as a cpu, there are no voltage modifiers on a gfx card [unless u wana volt mod it] and there are thermal and architectural limits on the amount u can OC it by.

Obviously VRAM will affect gaming performance but if your not playing games beyond 1920x1200 resolution with AA/AF then there is nothing to worry about. If u have >= 512MB RAM then the clock speeds will affect the performance more than the graphics memory.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Default Re: Does this look reasonable?

I know what you mean, its probably not correct, but still, it refuses to go any higher anyway... its a very graphics intensive game.

Also, I never said an OC'd 8800GT would rival an 9800GTX+, I meant it would probably be more economic to OC an 8800GT rather than buy an 8800GTX, not 9800. I think I am planning to get a 9800GT with 1GB of VRAM.

At the moment, ATI are looking dominant, but I'm reluctant to switch...

I also found an excellent deal on 4GB of DDR3 Corsair Dominator @ 1333MHz for only 60...

This is the system I'm planning on ordering, at the moment:

Power Supply: OCZ Stealth XStream 600W PSU (61)
    Case: Galaxy III Case (31)
    Cooling 1: CoolerMaster Sphere (32)
    Cooling 2: Arctic RC RAM Cooling (12)
    RAM: 4x1GB DDR3 Corsair RAM @ 1333MHz (61)
    Hard Drive: Seagate DiamondMax Hard Drive 500GB 7200rpm SATA (39)
    Graphics Card: PNY Verto GeForce 9800GT (1024MB VRAM) (125)

Motherboard: Asus M4N72-E Motherboard Socket AM2 /AM3 (105)
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4(107)
    For only 573-ish...
    Or I could get the same system but with a Core i7 and Core i7-able motherboard for only 814... but I want the AMD, that way I'll have an Intel and an AMD and me and my friend can have an OC competition to see which system is better (probably mine)... that's why the RAM heatsink and the MASSIVE copper CPU heatsink... only problem is he will be having 9 fans on his Mac G5 case made out of aluminium... I think the only way I'm going to contend with that is if I get a case made out of Silicon... or that case made out of fans (seriously, google it...)
    Last edited by Chrisname; 03-28-2009 at 08:19 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information