Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Video Card needed for Older System




  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    366

    Default

    And i dont think gateway were trying to swindle you. Just warning you be sure before you try, because you will have trouble exhanging/refunding a fried mobo & vid card. See the way it is, is that some mobo support STRICKTLY 3.3V AGP(old) and some support both, and some support STRICTLY 1.5V AGP(new intel boards). Some cards can only run off 1.5V agp, some can run off both, and some can run only off 3.3V AGP.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New England Highlands, Australia
    Posts
    21,907

    Default

    Check this thread out, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...;threadid=3608 :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    If I didn't have a computer and my only two choices were a Dell or a Gateway, I would pay double for a Dell before I accepted a Gateway for FREE.

    Dell is not even in the same leage with Gateway. Of the Engineering businesses I have toured, Of the computers that aren't made by SGI, 90% are Dell, and the remaining 10% are mostly compaq.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    USA, Upstate NY
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I have had great luck with my Dell. I even had my 19" monitor go (with about 1 week left in the warranty) and they sent me a new one right out, no questions asked. I got this one through work, which is why I didnt build my own.

    I also work here at school in the computer services department where we had a TON of gateways. They were pretty crappy, we still have a bunch of them kicking around. However, we are now running IBM's. the IBMs suck more than anything I thought possible....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •