Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Card needed for Older System

And i dont think gateway were trying to swindle you. Just warning you be sure before you try, because you will have trouble exhanging/refunding a fried mobo & vid card. See the way it is, is that some mobo support STRICKTLY 3.3V AGP(old) and some support both, and some support STRICTLY 1.5V AGP(new intel boards). Some cards can only run off 1.5V agp, some can run off both, and some can run only off 3.3V AGP.

Check this thread out, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...;threadid=3608 :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

If I didn't have a computer and my only two choices were a Dell or a Gateway, I would pay double for a Dell before I accepted a Gateway for FREE.

Dell is not even in the same leage with Gateway. Of the Engineering businesses I have toured, Of the computers that aren't made by SGI, 90% are Dell, and the remaining 10% are mostly compaq.

I have had great luck with my Dell. I even had my 19" monitor go (with about 1 week left in the warranty) and they sent me a new one right out, no questions asked. I got this one through work, which is why I didnt build my own.

I also work here at school in the computer services department where we had a TON of gateways. They were pretty crappy, we still have a bunch of them kicking around. However, we are now running IBM's. the IBMs suck more than anything I thought possible....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information