Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case / Motherboard / Cooling

I decided to go with the Epox 8KHA+. I've already placed the order with Mwave and should have it soon. I decided to go with the 266 cause of the price.

I just found out they only allow up to 7 days for a return of a defective product. I'm building piece by piece and won't be able to finish purchasing parts until later this month. I sure hope the board works when I plug it in. Are there any issues I should be aware of out of the box with the Epox 8KHA+? Thanks.

No, it is rated by many as the best board of its type.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

I've read that the cooler can not be removed from the processor once attached. So, should I buy something like the Volcano 7 now if I plan on overclocking in the future? Do the coolers come with the thermal paste or will I need to purchase that also?

I don't know where ya read that but unless someone used thermal epoxy the HSF should be easy enough to remove but get yourself the Volcano 7+ and don't bother with anything else below it in quality. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

7+ is the way to go with performance/price .
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    I don't know where ya read that but unless someone used thermal epoxy the HSF should be easy enough to remove but get yourself the Volcano 7+ and don't bother with anything else below it in quality. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>
    I mis-read the AMD installation guide. It said that you can't reuse the HSF after removing cause you can't reuse the thermal compound after it has come in contact with the processor.

Does the processor come with thermal compound or is this something else I'll need to buy?

Most come with something but rarely is good stuff. :(
    Get some Arctic Silver 3 or TherMagic for the best results. ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information