Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: best system

i got 1500 to spend on a system either p4 or athlon i would rather have an athlon but whatever works right thanx
    Mess with the Best,
    Die like the Rest
    There are worse things than Death, and I can do them All.
    Backup has arrived
    Stupid people do stupid things, Smart people outsmart each other

so whats your question

I think he's lookin' for ppl in the US to give him an idea on what sort of system he can put together for $1500us. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

You could get a MAC !!!

You would get ALL (Frickin) THIS: (for $1500 USD, $2500 AUD)

15 Inch Flat Panel style iMac
    128MB SDRAM - 1 DIMM
    Mac OS X - U.S. English (Useless Taskbar Wannabe for the Blind included! -no extra charge)
    40GB Ultra ATA drive
    CD-RW drive
    NVIDIA GeForce2 MX w/32MB DDR graphics
    Mac OS X & Mac OS 9 installed (you know, because OS X still isn't quite finished)
    Apple Keyboard
    Apple Pro Mouse (Still annoying as ever!, with ONE BUTTON!, and other classic STONE AGE technology, like a LACK of a scroll wheel! So that you can't be efficient EVER

Pro Mouse comes with our Patented Slow as Fuk TM Mouse tracking software, so that you don't just use the computer, your mouse arm gets good aerobic workout.

And if you order now! You get a complimentary 10 Square foot mouse pad, so that you can effectivly use your new "Pro Mouse" without running out of mousepad!

=====

That is what it costs... don't believe me?? :D
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...11.0.3.9?45,17

1399 + shipping
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

This might suit your needs a little better than the aforementioned Mac. Just a hodge podge, all from MWave. Shopping around, you can probably find better prices on some components. Also you may want to adjust quality/cost of some components to suit your personal taste/needs, but it gives you an idea to start from.

JM

BTW I still have my MacSE and I love it. :laugh:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

No fair. You left the guy money for food. Spend it all.

Get that 4200 make it a 4600 then get that 120 GB Special Edition and bring down to 80 GB special Edition. 80 Gb for a 4600 seems like an adequate trade off...Oh and make it a 2100+...why not you have 1500 don't you.

Anyway ..i believe the GeForce5 (how original) will be coming soon (i think its this month) and well i would think prices for the 4600 will drop. So have some patients and maybe save yourself some cash.: peace2:
    - Damien

Wise suggestion Flaco.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Thread Information