Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How do I build my own PC?????????

Hi,
    I would apreciate any information that anyone here at ocforums can give me regarding building my own computer. I am almost 15 years old so I would consider myself an amatuer pc user. I think that if I am given the right information, I can be successfull in building my on PC. Once again I would apreciate any information anyone can give me reagarding building my own computer.

Thanks A Lot,
    Andy

Zeradul linked a good way to start in, in your other thread. Basically, start by listing what you think you want and modify as you see fit, when people give you feed back. That way your feed back it a little more focused. A question that I personally like to ask is, "what are you gonna do with it?" If it is just for games, the requirements may be different than a system that is used only for music editing. Just something to think about. :?:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Maybe this will help ya out, http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/index.htm ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

hmmm, i suggest you try to find a bit of help, it isnt a difficult task, but first time, help is really good. Going step by step (this is how i do it, others will obviously do it different)

Take your new case, and install the mobo risers (small gold coloured screws) in the correct holes (case may come with them installed). You can find out which holes are the correct ones by taking your motherboard and aligning them with the holes drilled in the case.

After you have installed the risers (if you had to) place the motherboard into the case (you can tell the orientation you need to place it with because the stuff like legacy, parallel usb etc etc lines up w/ the holes in the case) and screw it in (the drilled holes in your mobo should like up w/ your risers, then screw in the screws to fix the mobo to the risers).

Connect the case wires to the motherboard header (you will have wires in your case labelled things like SPEAKER, POWER LED, POWER SW, RESET SW, HDD LED) there is a header on the mobo that you connect these too (its labelled on the mobo). Connect the ATX 12V cable from the PSU to the mobo. (its a big rectangle connector that fits into a thing on the mobo).

Now place the CPU into the socket on the mobo (i can oinly explain this properly with athlons). The CPU will have a golden triangle in the corner, line this up with the triangled corner on the socket, and lower the brown clip to secure the CPU in place properly. Now clip the Heat Sink unit on the CPU. (i suggest you buy a retail pack CPU, it has instructions on how to install the CPU and HSF unit).

Now connect the power cable (that shouldve come w/ your case) to the wall mains and switch on. This should test if your PSU is working, and you have the case wires connected to the mobo properly. Also checl that your power LED is working.

Switch power off again, and install RAM into appropriate RAM slot, and install HDD and CD Drives in appropriate explansion slots provided in case, and connect appropriate IDE cables. Now install youre peripherals (Video card, etc etc) and you should be good to go.

Note this is very summarised, also if you dont have any background knowledge (such as how to install a HDD, how to jumper HDD's and CD Drives properly) then you should try to learn (a great way to learn is to take apart a computer you have, and put it together again, and see how everything is connected), also if you have trouble understanding any of the terms, ask. Try to refer to pictures where possible, and good luck w/ the rest.

Heh, when i started that post, nobody had replied to this thread, but just refer to that PCmech link and you should be right

Thread Information