Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Which Geforce 3 should I buy?

I currently have a dual monitor setup with a Matrox G450, but I want to go single monitor for sake of space conservation.

I want to get a GeForce 3 since no software requires more and few utilize the capabilities of the GeForce 4. The performance to cost ratio of the GeForce 3 is incredible right now as well.

But which do I buy? Should I get the TI500, the TI200, or the plain flavor. I do a fair deal of gaming, so I want something that will be great for quake, but I don't want to pay for overkill in performance.

Gimme some advice!!!:cheers:
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

Get the Ti200, its the best value for money GeForce 3

with the release of the Radeon9000 - nVidia is supposed to be cutting the price of GF4Ti4200's - If a GF is what you want - you may want to hold off a bit and see if you can find one of those in your price range.
    Otherwise, I suggest you have a look at Radeon8500/8500LE/9000's too - I had a GF3Ti200 until very recently, and I definately prefered my Radeon8500 to it.

I'm running windows XP on the box that I want to get a Geforce 3 for, which is part of the reason I want to get an nVidia card. nVidia has really great driver support, whereas I've heard that ATI has some big issues with that. Also, nVidia is simply superior in their hardware design and performance.

Thanks for the advice about the TI200, anyone agree or disagree?
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">

get the 113$ usd gainward gf3 ti200 it is good and so is gainward
    Mess with the Best,
    Die like the Rest
    There are worse things than Death, and I can do them All.
    Backup has arrived
    Stupid people do stupid things, Smart people outsmart each other

A lil' bit of patients might get you hands on a 4200...: peace2:
    - Damien

As I suggested over ICQ, I think he should wait until he has a use for a faster card (UT2003, Doom3, etc.) and then get a barely used Gf3 Ti500 on ebay for 45$ shipped.

Thats what I will be doing when I see a need to upgrade from my GF2 GTS, which still plays every game beautifully, which btw I got just after the release of the GF4 10 months ago for 60$ shipped :eek: in perfect condition from a seller with flawless feedback.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Will the introduction of AGP 8x drive the price of 4x cars down even farther in the next 6 months?

I think it will take longer than 6 months :( The 8X AGP cards will be the NV30/R9700 and SiS Xabre, which wont take all that much of the market share (not all that many people will buy the R9700 when it comes out first cause of the price, same with NV30)
    Add to that, the most popular cards sold are probably GF2/GF4 MX's, and will remain them, i think it will stay as is until there is a (popular) 8X alternative...

Thread Information