Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What power supply?

Thanks for all the help. I'm going with the Antec 350w. i ordered the video card and Ram(Crucial 256MB) today and will be ordering the processor and power supply tomorrow. Should have all the parts in by Thursday and will have finally finished building my new system. Only part I'm worried about is installing the HSF on the processor. I've change out parts in computers a lot but have never installed a processor. So, knowing nothing about it, I'm a little scared of not putting it together right and it overheating and dying.

To get the official "How to Install a Heatsink" document from AMD, click here to download a zipped .pdf file. Ya'll need Acrobat reader to view this. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Well i bought my case for $47au and its a large midi tower (4x5.25 + 6x3.5 + 3fan) and it had a 300W MDM powersupply in it, and it powers a 7200RPM HD, HD fan, front intake fan, 2 rear exhaust fans, volcano 7fan, as well as a DVD-Rom drive and a CD-Burner drive + a justcooler TT-900. a network card, TNT2 and SB live, runs 24/7 for the last 4 months without a single problem. Ive never had any problems with generic PSU's and i dont really see the point in expensive ones, because they are pretty much all made by the same people, and have the same circuitry inside, the only difference in some cases (not most) is quality control

The thing is with PC's that I build for ppl is I don't want to see them back with that PC because some slighter cheaper part died or because of it, won't run stablely.
    Plus the ppl who bring PC's to me with problems, in probably 33.3% of the cases, a cheap "Yum Cha" PSU is to blame when someone adds something to the PC after it was bought that takes extra demand on it.
    (*no I said that I wasn't going to make a comment on "Name" brand PC's*).
    A few dollars extra on a better quality PSU is worth it IMHO. The PC's that I do see back are from owners who really want to see how much more can be safetly get out of them. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information