Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recomend me a motherboard

Hey,
    I need a new motherboard that accepts sdd ram and ddr ram so i can upgrade later if i want to. I want to upgrade mobo and cpu but i dont want to go out and buy some ram because i have alot of spare sdd but i intend on upgrading later on, just not yet. So i was wondering if anyone knows of any good motherboards that accepts both types of ram.
    Thanks in advance :thumb:

Ummm.... Intel or AMD? :?:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

If INTEL P4 get an abit thII :hammer:
    purchased:
    - ABIT TH7II INTEL 850
    - P4/2.0 AG 512K 400MHZ 478PIN
    - 2 X RAMBUS RIMM 256M - 800MHZ -KINGSTON
    - 19” FD Trinitron® CRT HMD-A400/L
    - Lite On 40X12X48 CDRW
    - CASE CHIEF|DX-01SLD
    - ENERMAX EG365P-VE(FM). 350W Power supply for AMD K7 & Pentium4
    - VGA ATI|RADEON 8500LE 64M
    - SONY 1.44MB 3.5 INCH INTERNAL FDD DRIVE
    - HERCULES GAMING THEATER XP 6.1
    - WD WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 80GB 7200RPM (Cache 8MB !!!)

STILL TO BUY:
    - keyboard (lol)
    Help me out in my thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=3988

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Ummm.... Intel or AMD? :?:
    Either, doesnt matter yet.

If intel...I like the Soyo SY-P4X400. Just came out! There are no reviews on it, but it supports DDR 400, 8X AGP, and has raid on it. I am waiting for the reviews.

If AMD, the Gigabyte GA-7VAXP. Again support DDR400, 8x AGP, and Raid. This is not out now, but would be worth the wait!

I would definitely have the patience and wait for a DDR400 and 8X AGP board to come out....since it is a big leap over other boards on the market. If for anything the AGP 8X will be worth the wait. I think you would be glad you waited...especially when the 8x ATI and Nvidia cards come out later. This is just my opinion! :thumb:

AGP 8x is not going to be the big thing people think it will. We still aren't beating AGP 4x to death ATM, and it will be some time before AGP 8x is in danger here.

If I were you, I'd at least wait until I saw a mobo review or two before purchase a board, but that's my opinion. The Soyo P4X400 board does sound pretty cool, but it's always a good idea to be informed of what you could be up against in a product. Leave others to get to it first, not just reviewers, other people that don't do reviews--as reviewers can only give one story.

From what I've seen on the P4 market, the Asus P4T533-C or the Asus P4B533 would be good.
    For AMD, I'll push the Abit NV7-133R, or the MSI KT3 Ultra.

I personally recommend Asus, Abit, MSI, or Iwill boards for a DYI'er. If you want something with stability being numero uno (not to say these others are unstable by any means) Tyan and SuperMicro would be about the best you can get---good since they're well known in the server market.

AGP 8x is not going to be the big thing people think it will. We still aren't beating AGP 4x to death ATM, and it will be some time before AGP 8x is in danger here.
    Isnt the Nvidia NV30 or whatever the next gen Nvidia cards will be called going to be AGP 8x..... and isnt it due out somethime in Q4 of this year. Well, with that in mind it might be worth the waiting for an 8x motherboard...so you can take advatage of the 8x nvidia card. It would be a shame to spend alot of money on a mobo and vcard and not get the full effect b/c of bandwidth issues?!?!?!

I might be wrong on the 8X agp card from Nvidia....so correct me if I am wrong.

Just read this on ATI's site....might be something else to think about...since this card is due out next monday 19... http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/pr...p?pf_id=227386

Fastest* 3D Gaming Performance
    128MB DDR memory accelerates the latest 3D games
    256-bit memory interface removes hardware performance bottleneck and provides end users with faster 3D graphics
    Industry's first 8-pixel pipeline architecture, providing twice the rendering power of any currently competing product.
    Supports the new AGP 8X standard, providing a high-speed link between the graphics board and the rest of the PC (2.0 GB/sec)

ECS K7S5A
    supports both kinds of RAM
    and is cheap/pretty fast
    Dual P2 233@266
    144MB ram
    TNT-M64 POS

Only SiS735 and ALiMagik chipset boards will let you use either type of memory but neither has very good performance. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information