Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Where should I buy Antec/Chieftec/Chenming Full Tower Case?

I really like the Antec cases and the clones of Antec cases that are popular right now. They are also produced under the name Chieftec, Chenming, and Enermax. I want the version pictured here. I want the exact grill in the picture, along with the lack of door and standard color. I have found the following product numbers for the different brands that carry this case model:

Antec - SX1240
    Chenming - ATX-901A
    Chieftec - DA-01W

Does an Enermax clone exist for this model? Do any of you know if this case is marketed under a different brand name? If so, what is the serial number for that brand name’s version? Having the product number really helps the searching process.

Finally, any recommendations on where can I find one of these at a reasonable price?

http://forums.tweaktown.com/attachme...=&postid=72741
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

For decent prices on Antec enclosures, I have always had good luck with www.directron.com

I don't recall offhand if they deal in your other choices, but they do carry pretty much a full line of Antec. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

purchased:
    - ABIT TH7II INTEL 850
    - P4/2.0 AG 512K 400MHZ 478PIN
    - 2 X RAMBUS RIMM 256M - 800MHZ -KINGSTON
    - 19” FD Trinitron® CRT HMD-A400/L
    - Lite On 40X12X48 CDRW
    - CASE CHIEF|DX-01SLD
    - ENERMAX EG365P-VE(FM). 350W Power supply for AMD K7 & Pentium4
    - VGA ATI|RADEON 8500LE 64M
    - SONY 1.44MB 3.5 INCH INTERNAL FDD DRIVE
    - HERCULES GAMING THEATER XP 6.1
    - WD WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 80GB 7200RPM (Cache 8MB !!!)

STILL TO BUY:
    - keyboard (lol)
    Help me out in my thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=3988

The Antec clones (like Chieftec) are more popular doors on them. They are pretty much cheap plastic ones, so if you can find one with a door that is cheaper than one without, you might as well just buy it then rip the door off. However, I recently got a Thermaltake Xaser 5000 and the door really makes it look a lot better than the original design (it's a well-crafted multi-color steel door). But, you seem to have it all figured out so I'd say go with a door and then rip it off (especially if you find out the case looks retarded with beige drives, that is if you don't spraypaint them).

I'd say go with a door and then rip it off
    But then it looks horrible. No offense to those who like doors, but in my opinion, a door case with no door looks so ugly, with the drive rail figer spots visible, and the remaining part of the door hinge, and then the spot where the door should be meeting the bottom of the case... All that = ugly.

But we are in luck as many models are made without doors, and still have the wonderful use of the completely hidden drive rails.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Thread Information