Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need more ram

OK, I've finally relized that my problem with games lagging my computer to 486 speeds is my lack or RAM. 256 meg is just not enough for a gaming machine. As so I've heard. Anyway when RAM prices come down a bit more I'm probably gonna buy myself a stick of 512meg. One problem though. I've been hearing something about hammer requiring different kind of DDR? Such as DDR-2. Is it worth it to spend my money on a stick of ram only to get rid of it in a few months. This is assuming that I even upgrade to hammer in the first place. I mean lets face it if hammer is too expensive for me its almost guarenteed that athlonxp chips will have there major price drops I could always pick up an xp 2400? therefore allowing me to keep my ram.

hell ya ! get the ram ! when hammer comes out, it'll be expensive, no doubt there. also, wouldn't you rather wait a few months to see how hammer really performes, and wait for 64 bit software to be released for it as well, i wouldn't get it before a year of having it on the market. besides, by then, the prices will drop, and there'll be a wider selecton of hardware to go with it.

Get the memory as ya won't want to get burned with a first up problem, I'm not sayin' that there will be but it usually happens when a new platform comes out to some degree. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

ya, just look at pentium 4's
    pin count went from 423 to 478

Just look at the shoddy mobo's and chipsets that greeted the early Athlons, also the i820 debacle. :eek:

also, think about drivers and general support...

That's it so I'm in no herry to jump into one but, if someone was to pay me to build one for them then I'd oblidge.

lol thanks?

no seriously thanks. I mean athlonxp prices will have there major drops when hammer gets released. Ok I'm gonna let those massive ram prices drop and then I'm buying myself more ram.

sounds like a plan !:thumb:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information