Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case Recommendations - buying

ok, im just about to hand over my credit details to pc case gear for :
    http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod440.htm
    and
    http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod24.htm

any one see any reason why i shouldnt?
    or anything i should get excited about by getting these?
    from the reviews i've read, and what i've heard these are pretty good cases, bit x-ey i guess, but sometimes you need to pay that little bit extra :P

also...does anyone i live in FNQLD, does anyone have any idea of the cost of shipping for a case like that from victoria to the top of QLD?

Well it's your money and they do look good but I'd imagine that frieght could be fairly dear to there but I'm sure that they'll quote you a figure when ya order. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Can't say what shipping might go for in Oz, but I can say that the case is a good one. It's the same as the Xaser 6000 I tested not too long ago, except with a black finish instead of the silver/grey one. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Also from what i gather the 5000 plus has a steel chassis, but the 6000 is made from aluminium. Anyhow IMO, both those cases are very expensive, they are the same chenming case in a new coat of paint, with a few small features, and a large pricetag. I think i saw the 6000 plus at AusPCMarket for $380 w/ NO PSU. Factoring in the cost of a good PSU you have atleast $500, to add to that shipping costs. I would just get the Antec 1080AMG, its basically the same build, in steel, with a top range PSU (one of the best PSU's available at the moment) and its half the price of the Thermaltake case (after you add the cost of a decent PSU).

Nice case, but so expensive even in AUSSI Dollars.

I would just get the Antec 1080AMG, its basically the same build, in steel, with a top range PSU (one of the best PSU's available at the moment) and its half the price of the Thermaltake case (after you add the cost of a decent PSU).
    Plus, Then you Get to mod it on your own and have it how YOU want it, and not how someone else wants it.

Pre-modded cases. :thumbs do
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Yeh half the fun is modding the case on your own. Basically IMO Thermaltake = Waste of money.

Remember that not everyone has the time, talent and tools necessary to mod a case. While I love the Antec line (it's what I use as my normal system case), the Thermaltake offers good quality and some mods for those who either can't or don't want to mess with the process themselves.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yup, there will always be those who go the alienware route and cop out completely. But to each his own. :)
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information