Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Computer

well, I like the kingwin case and the lain-li too much!! I am willing spend the extra cash for the case.

Thanks for the 1600 advice, do you recommend any good cpu fans too keep that b*tch cool when I am overclocking it? Let me know :flames:

Found the board I am going to get for sure!!!!!
    ABIT Mainboard AT7-MAX2
    Serial ATA (For the future), Raid (for now!), will support the 333FSB, 8x AGP, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, and has on board sound (which does not matter, since I will be getting the new sound blaster audigy).

I think this looks like a great mobo with all the features....now only if they could make it a cool color, like gigabyte and soyo!!! damn them :flames: :devil win :flames:

(I am going crazy waiting!!!!! oh well :D)

Hope you don't have to wait very long. That's no fun.

I know, I might have to check my self into a mental institution if this hardware takes forever to come out!!!1:scream:

Yeh in that case you should just try to find whats good on the market now. IMO there is no good reason to wait for serial ATA now. Although mainboards will be coming with Serial ATA, serial ATA drivers arent going to be in full production for many months to come now. Ive heard it could be as late as mid. next year. its something you should consider for your next upgrade, because by then the technology will be improved aswell.

Yeah, I am going to get a board with serial ata controllers, but also with Raid. At first I will have 2 of the WD 8MB cache drives....and raid those. Then later on upgrade to the serial ata.

Can you run both at once? Or does that make any sense to do?

I do not see why not.....then I can keep the raided drives for storage and use the serial ata for os and programs....

Also, i read on a review of the pentium version of this mobo that the serial ATA is raidable....
    How sweet, raided serial ata drives

Im guessing you will need a serial ATA150 RAID controller, and those are probably not going to be in mobo's for a very long while now.

"While every other motherboard manufacturer has included Serial ATA on their latest motherboards, Abit has gone one step further and enabled Serial ATA RAID on the IT7-MAX2. Serial ATA RAID is accomplished through the use of the Highpoint 374 RAID controller. What's more, with Abit's Seriallel cards, users can run any combination of serial and parallel drives in RAID, allowing them to experience serial ATA RAID right now, not 6 months from now." From http://www.thetechzone.com/display.php?i=188&p=1

I am assuming the AT7-MAX2 will be same since it is just for AMD processors.

Also, the ETA of this board is on 9/10....NICE!!!!!! :thumb:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information